129 Bird Alignment

ndcart

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
TX
I am in North Eastern Texas and we just moved into a new house. I grabbed the dish from the old house, which was 5 miles from my new one, as I wanted to go ahead and get it up and running verses waiting on Dish to come out. So, I hooked everything up, and I pull a 72 on 110 and a 75 on 119. When I change to 129 on the point dish screen, it says "Wrong Sat - EchoStar 119 West". Now if I go into check switch, I see that port 1 (119) and port 2 (110) are ok. Port 3 (129) has an X. I'm guessing I need to make an adjustment on the dish to grab the 129 signal, but I'm not sure which way to move it, are what adjustments to make. Any of you seasoned pro's have any advice? Thanks for any help.

I am in North Eastern Texas and we just moved into a new house. I grabbed the dish from the old house, which was 5 miles from my new one, as I wanted to go ahead and get it up and running verses waiting on Dish to come out. So, I hooked everything up, and I pull a 72 on 110 and a 75 on 119. When I change to 129 on the point dish screen, it says "Wrong Sat - EchoStar 119 West". Now if I go into check switch, I see that port 1 (119) and port 2 (110) are ok. Port 3 (129) has an X. I'm guessing I need to make an adjustment on the dish to grab the 129 signal, but I'm not sure which way to move it, are what adjustments to make. Any of you seasoned pro's have any advice? Thanks for any help.

5 miles shouldn't have done much at all.. but if your new mast isn't level or the old one wasn't either, then you will have issues. Don't do another check switch... just keep adjusting things very slightly until you find 129 again.

Also have you checked to make sure you have line of sight to 129 at the new house?

Thanks Digi for the reply. I think I am fine on LOS for 129. Who knows. Maybe I'll just call them out anyways. You get one free dishmover don't you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts