129 conus in Fairbanks?

DISH110

Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
usa
Since Fairbanks isn't claimed or close to any nba, mlb, nhl territory I "moved" to get a RSN. Almost all the games I watch end up on ALT channels in SD and HD, which I noticed is 110/119 for SD and 110/129 for HD. My goal is to install big enough dishes to get all the conus off 110,119,129.

Since 119 comes in great on a 36" dish I get all the the AT120+ channels in SD just fine.

I have tried 129 with a 36" dish and can only get the spotbeams, I have a 1.2 meter and 6 footer to try next. I would prefer to try the 1.2 meter. Anyone have success with the 1.2 m channel master on 129 conus in fairbanks?

For 110 I will likely use a 36"... anyone know if that will work well?

Since Fairbanks isn't claimed or close to any nba, mlb, nhl territory I "moved" to get a RSN. Almost all the games I watch end up on ALT channels in SD and HD, which I noticed is 110/119 for SD and 110/129 for HD. My goal is to install big enough dishes to get all the conus off 110,119,129.

Since 119 comes in great on a 36" dish I get all the the AT120+ channels in SD just fine.

I have tried 129 with a 36" dish and can only get the spotbeams, I have a 1.2 meter and 6 footer to try next. I would prefer to try the 1.2 meter. Anyone have success with the 1.2 m channel master on 129 conus in fairbanks?

For 110 I will likely use a 36"... anyone know if that will work well?
Go to sat beams and register. Then go to the sat (charts) you want to check and there is a place that will tell you how large of a dish you need for your location. SatBeams - Home

He says he is using a 30" dish for 129
My installer was here yesterday, he added a 30" on 129,

30" on 129 will only get spotbeams. I need to know what the minimum size to get the weaker conus transponders is. I know a 6 footer will bring them in, but I am wondering if my 1.2m (4 fter) will work. Also sat beams is useless because it says I need a 5 meter dish and I know that is wrong. I guess I'll try the 1.2 meter channelmaster and we will see.

Here in Soldotna , farther South than you, we have to use a 6' dish to get all the channels from 129. A 4' dish has been tried, but all it picks up successfully is the spot beams. I have a 30", a 36" and a 6' dish for 110, 119, and 129.

Hi DISH110, yes I am in Fairbanks too and just finished upgrading my stuff. I think everyone is right about only being able to pick up the spot beams on 129 with the 30" dish I have, or with your 36". Thanks Redsalmon for joining in. I have an unused 6' I could use for 129, maybe someone else on the forum can answer this question, are we missing any programming HD or otherwise on 129 (Conus?) that is not duplicated on one of the other birds or on the 129 spot beams to Alaska? My installer said no reason to put in my 6' dish as the HD I was missing on the 129 Conus beam I was getting elsewhere, is that correct?

DISH110 let us know what happens if you do try the 1.2 but according to Redsalmon doesn't sound too good... And you are a lot further North.

My installer said no reason to put in my 6' dish as the HD I was missing on the 129 Conus beam I was getting elsewhere, is that correct?

The best thing to do is check it out yourself. Start by going to Satelliteguys "TheList" at the top of the Satelliteguys page. Then click on "Subscription TV" and "DishNetwork".

Pick the satellite longitude you want to check programming on. the default table is sorted by channel number. Click on the Beam column. This sorts the data by Beam. Then you will see the Conus progamming grouped together and the spot beams grouped by beam. For example, 129W spot 1 is the Alaska spot beam.

check each of the satellites you receive to see what you might be missing.

Hi DISH110, yes I am in Fairbanks too and just finished upgrading my stuff. I think everyone is right about only being able to pick up the spot beams on 129 with the 30" dish I have, or with your 36". Thanks Redsalmon for joining in. I have an unused 6' I could use for 129, maybe someone else on the forum can answer this question, are we missing any programming HD or otherwise on 129 (Conus?) that is not duplicated on one of the other birds or on the 129 spot beams to Alaska? My installer said no reason to put in my 6' dish as the HD I was missing on the 129 Conus beam I was getting elsewhere, is that correct?

DISH110 let us know what happens if you do try the 1.2 but according to Redsalmon doesn't sound too good... And you are a lot further North.
According to Satbeams the footprint drops off south of anchorage and is non-existent in the Pacific, so if anything Fairbanks should get better signal than Anchorage, also it shows that Northern Yukon should have stronger signal than all of AK. On another note, 118.7 comes in great here, I have a dedicated dish for it for FTA channels.

Channels Missing without 129 Conus in AK

All the HD Movie Channels except HBO-W, MAX-W, STZ-W
Root Sports Northwest HD (HD Mariners games... the Mariners are the only pro sports team that claims AK as regional territory)
All RSN-HD (multisport package)
NHL Centre Ice in HD
NBA League Pass in HD
Style HD ?
Probably some others from higher packages
All HD channels if account is registered to lower 48 address.

I think that it's true that if you find stuff on Conus that isn't on spot you still won't be able to receive it. Even if you have the signal level that locks it in for your area. To get those channels you would have to "move" as E* is locked in to only delivering those on spots to ALK. Check w/ DIRT to find out if this is true if you find additional channels.

update... these are the minimum dish sizes required for Fairbanks to get the same HD channels as the lower 48ers:
36" = All Conus Transponders on 110 (30" should do okay too in clear skies)
36" = All Conus Transponders on 119 (30" should do okay too in clear skies)
6ft = All Conus Transponders on 129

This can easily be done with just two dishes, as an offset 119 lnb can be pulled off the same dish tweaked for 129 or 110.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)