This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

1st Birdog review.............

Parlyle

Pub Member/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 16, 2004
West Central Wisconsin
I just got in from checking the Dishnet 61.5 sat from my questionable site by the Tree. I put the foot on the post and aimed as good as I thought I could. I have a Dish 500 pan with a DP Dual LNB, with an "I" attachment on the arm. I also have a 5 foot jumper coax from the LNB to the Birdog. No go on the satellite. I was using battery power and it just kept on beeping. I took the whole dish assembly off of the J pole and started walking around the yard. I found the satellite then. I was just kneeling on the ground and put the dish on my knee and kind of moved it back and forth until I got a signal. So the satellite is there, and the Bird found it. I found that the Birdog unit automatically shuts itself off after a few minutes. Is this normal? Also, does the Birdog loose its' sight power if the battery is low? I made my way back to the post sight hoping to keep the lock on, but the battery power went in the toliet and I couldn't get any lock around the post. I will attatch a photo of my satellist post and the Tree in question. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will get the 61.5 somehow, someway.

Last edited: