2.33???

imstriker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2004
I just ran home for lunch and found my 522 at a please wait while you receiver is programed screen. After a bit, I checked and the version was sitting at L233... The Dish Network tech page does not show this version. Did I miss something on here? Or am I just first? I'll give it some more examination when I get home from work...

I apologize for not posting anymore. I did recheck, and my 522 is now at 2.33. However, as of yet I have seen no difference. Mind you, I would never know if they added more ITV crap. For all I know, it was just an upgrade to support Horse Racing. This could be possible, as I do live in one of the supported states (Indiana). Just a guess though, maybe I should actually look... My unit has actually been running very well since 2.32, and it seems the same so I cannot comment on any bug fixes. Sorry I can't offer more, but that's all I've got.

My unit was off all night and as of this morning, still at 2.32. I'm in California, so maybe it is a local thing.

i live in CT and mine has not been upgraded to 233. i leave it off most nights. (do i have to press the power button to turn off or can i just press the power on my remote

I had one of my satellite feeds down and was running my new 522 on just one until I installed a DP twin yesterday(I had a SW21 go bad). The 522 really doesn't work well with only one input, so I wasn't doing much mucking around with timers and Dish passes until yesterday. One thing I noticed last night that was different from when I first set up the 522 a month ago was that I could edit a preexisting timer or Dish Pass and and modify the 1 min before and 3 min after options on the recording. Before, once the timer was set with these options, they were greyed out and you couldn't change them when editing. If you really wanted to change them you had to delete the timer and start over. I didn't check the software version, I'll do that tonight. It may be a small change if it is one but it does improve useability.

It's getting better all the time....

Sapient said:
Patches is what I want. I want the darn audio pauses to go away.

Hey, as long as the lips and sound are in synch, I can take the pauses. :)

I've recorded and wathed one show since getting 2.33. I have never had so many pauses before. For the first time, a show was bad enough that I could not watch it. I was getting at least one 1-2 second sound drop every ten seconds.

2.33 downloaded to my 522 last night. didn't notice any difference and everything seemed the same at first.
When I watched a Movie I recorded a couple night ago I had many more sound dropouts than I normally experience.
It was really annoying and came close to making the movie unwatchable.
I have only had Dish less than a month and Im already thinking about dumping them and going with DirectTV.

I haven't noticed any more or less audio dropouts with 2.33, but I have noticed that they are no longer followed by a video glitch. I guess that's a small improvement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)