2 Dish network dishes and 5 receivers, want to upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Paul24055

Original poster
Nov 25, 2016
Callaway VA
As in the title, I have 2 Dish network dishes and 5 receivers, want to upgrade to H3 and Joey 4k on only one dish. Customer service does not offer this as an option. If I can not upgrade just one dish, is it possible to make them install all receivers onto one dish? One is a dish 500, the other is a Dish 1000.2. I just recently got a new 4K T.V. and wanted to upgrade for a Joey to have full hd support, as the 722 goes SD to the new 4k T.V.

We added a T.V. in another room years ago, The installer that came to put it in added the second dish. That dish feeds 2 televisions now. I assumed it was just easier than running a coax over 100 feet.

My only option is to go full Hopper and Joey?

Yeah, pretty much. Only other receiver they will let you have on the same account is a 211, which is generally a consideration for RVers.

Are they all seven in use all the time? Maybe you could mirror a Joey or two if they don't need independent viewing, or maybe get a Wireless Joey that you would move around if a some of the locations are only occasional use. Just a couple thoughts.

What about the 2 dish scenario? I really would like to get these dishes combined, the living room doesn't get all the channels that we get on the 1000.2 dish.

Judging by the fact that you're in Va, I'm guessing you need EA, so a one dish solution would work. You'd need 1 H3 and 6 Joeys, or 2 HWS, 1 4K Joey, and 4 Joeys. You'd have Netflix in all rooms but the 4K Joey location with the second setup, and you'd pay more but have more internal storage.

The state doesn't determine which arc is used. (2) markets in VA are western arc, in fact.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
That's why I stated it was an assumption. I don't care to discover which Market he is in, and there are plenty of eastern DMAs on WA. But it's a decent guess it is EA.

Reactions: JSheridan
How could I tell which I am using? ARC
Do you get Roanoke locals, like Bobby refers to ? If so, you're on the Western Arc. Otherwise, go to the "Point dish" screen (can't remember how to get there on a 722) and post which satellite locations are listed. It will be 61.5, 72, 77 or 110, 119, 129.

Roanoke locals, 110 119 129
You should be able to use a single dish. They would change the LNB on it for H3 however.

Unless you can figure a way to share the same signal with some of the TVs, it sounds like you are looking at 1 H3, 1 4K Joey and 5 Joey 2.0s. Monthly fees: $15 for H3 (actually billed as the DVR fee), $7 for each Joey and 4K Joey. Total fees are $57 which does not include your programming. Wireless Joeys are the same $7/mo also so if you have the opportunity to move one or more Wireless Joeys to infrequently used TVs the you might save money that way. The other possibility to save is to "mirror" a Joey output to multiple TVs with an HDMI splitter.

One caution about splitters in light of 4K TVs: Splitting an HDMI signal to an HD TV and a 4K TV will either mean no picture on the HD TV when viewing 4K content or no 4K even on the 4K TV. This is because the splitter has to some how choose which handshake to sent back to the source and if they are different then things don't work as expected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)