2 norsat 8115 and multiswitch

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It should work like a champ. I believe the vertical 13v voltage is out of spec for the LNB so it'd probably be a good idea to use some kind of power inserter after the multiswitch. That being said, I didn't have any problems with my 8115 at 13v.

I also have a Norsat 8115 and didn't see any difference in performance when powering it at 13V or 18V on the vertical. What I am doing now, though, is power it from the power passthrough side of splitter via my analog receiver to make sure it functions as it should. One never knows what the effects of temperature and component aging will have on the margins built into the design.

That being said, I didn't have any problems with my 8115 at 13v.

They'll work at 13v and you may not notice the difference unless you look at the signal with a spectrum analyzer. However, their output levels are much lower at 13v and this is noticeable on a spectrum analyzer (or at least it is on my satlook digital). So, if you have a fair length of cable between the dish and your receiver or if you split the signal and feed it to multiple receivers youd definitely want to use a power inserter.

Also note that some other models will not work at 13v. For example I've found the 3220s don't work at 13v at all. As a general rule the PLL LNBs tend to not like be undervolted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

true south and arc

hello, need help hispasat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)