2 satellite - one coax

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TVMan

Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
Sorry if this question been asked.
I am having a dish network and free-to-air satellite, i want to use one coax cable to go inside the hose, i tried the switch that i used to use when i had dish network American channels and the dish network Arabic channels and at the other end i have a splitter to split the signal but it seems to i keep loosing the signal on one of the satellite.

I would like something more reliable, any one has some detail information will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TVMan said:
Sorry if this question been asked.
I am having a dish network and free-to-air satellite, i want to use one coax cable to go inside the hose, i tried the switch that i used to use when i had dish network American channels and the dish network Arabic channels and at the other end i have a splitter to split the signal but it seems to i keep loosing the signal on one of the satellite.

I would like something more reliable, any one has some detail information will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TVman,

You can NOT split a satellite feed for FTA or DBS and expect it to supply more than one receiver from that one cable reliably or AT ALL.

If you want the technical reasons they can be explained but, I really don't want to type it, its available ad nausem all over the DBS forum websites for subscribers as yourself that think that a satellite feed is the same as a cableTV feed. Basically a satellite receiver needs complete control over its own feed from the receiver to and including any Switch and or LNBF.

John

Thanks John, I was hopeing i would be able to combine the siginals of 2 satellites
and split them inside the house, how about Deplexer? i was looking in the forum and i thought something like that might do the job. Thanks.

JohnL said:
TVman,

You can NOT split a satellite feed for FTA or DBS and expect it to supply more than one receiver from that one cable reliably or AT ALL.

If you want the technical reasons they can be explained but, I really don't want to type it, its available ad nausem all over the DBS forum websites for subscribers as yourself that think that a satellite feed is the same as a cableTV feed. Basically a satellite receiver needs complete control over its own feed from the receiver to and including any Switch and or LNBF.

John

Any chance of bandstacking FTA and E* sat signals with a commercial bandstacker?

TVMan said:
Thanks John, I was hopeing i would be able to combine the siginals of 2 satellites
and split them inside the house, how about Deplexer? i was looking in the forum and i thought something like that might do the job. Thanks.

Yes you can.

Look on www.9thtee.com for the 'stacker'

It moves the one sat freq up and the other down.

At the other end it puts them back, but it is expensive!!

And it works on older lnb/sats only, as far as I can tell.

TVMan said:
Conventional Diplexers will NOT work. They are just band-pass filters.

Stackers on the other hand CAN work - if EVERYTHING is compatible.

Good luck - you're gonna need it if there's no way you can run another RG-6 feed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)