20.0 and 21.0 with DVR 510

kb2vgp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Oneida County, NY
I am considering purchasing the new 20.0 or 21.0 to use with a DVR 510. The reason I am considering this is for my mother who has to use the remote for the home theater system. The current platinum remote for the 510 doesn't operate the muting or volume for the home theater system. Knowing that the remote is programmable, it will simplify things with only one remote. Is there any reason that either the 20 or 21 remote wouldn't work with the 510? The remote will be in the same room as the receiver.

The 20.0 will work as it is an IR remote the 21.0 will only work for the 510 in IR mode because the 510 uses uhf not UHF PRO which is what the 21.0 remote is.

I agree...

I would go with the 20.0 remote. With the learning feature, I am sure that she'll have the volume and tv power running in no time.

I am considering purchasing the new 20.0 or 21.0 to use with a DVR 510. The reason I am considering this is for my mother who has to use the remote for the home theater system. The current platinum remote for the 510 doesn't operate the muting or volume for the home theater system. Knowing that the remote is programmable, it will simplify things with only one remote. Is there any reason that either the 20 or 21 remote wouldn't work with the 510? The remote will be in the same room as the receiver.

I have a 508 receiver and I have the same remote as you and it operates my muting and volume with no problem. It just had to be setup to work it. Unless your home theater did not have the right code. mine did

The 20.0 remote is the one that will work with the 510

The 20.0 will work as it is an IR remote the 21.0 will only work for the 510 in IR mode because the 510 uses uhf not UHF PRO which is what the 21.0 remote is.

That is what I thought, but the manual I downloaded for the 21.0 remote didn't seem overly clear whether or not it was UHF Pro or legacy UHF which I know the 510 is. Thanks!

I have a 508 receiver and I have the same remote as you and it operates my muting and volume with no problem. It just had to be setup to work it. Unless your home theater did not have the right code. mine did

The 20.0 remote is the one that will work with the 510

That is what I thought. I can pick up both the 20.0 and 21.0 for under $30 on ebay and I will keep the 21.0 for myself for the 625. The home theater system she has is a Denon and I've tried all the codes for it and other manufacturers. All the code will operate is changing the AM/FM presets on the unit; power, volume and muting are a no go. This way I can program the volume and muting to work the home theater system in SAT mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)