2006 NFL Sunday Ticket, 5LNB Not Needed!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cforrest

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 29, 2005
Long Island
If the latest email I received today is correct, it appears those that have not upgraded to a 5LNB dish, will not have to worry about not getting the HD feeds of NFL Sunday Ticket. You'll only need a 5LNB if your HD locals are available, exception being NY and LA. I am going to copy and past the email I received below, which waives the $99 Superfan fee, but you have to order by 4/30. My question is what about those of us on auto-renew? Anyway, here is the email and note the small print, note 1:

NFL SUNDAY TICKET, only from DIRECTV, delivers up to 14 games each Sunday, so you can watch your favorite team no matter where you live. Take advantage of our NFL Draft special offer, and you'll also get over 110 games1 in high-definition, expanded interactive features and more.

Simply order NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ by April 30 and SuperFan is free with your subscription.

cta_body.gif

We respect your privacy. Click here to read our privacy policy.

If you'd like to contact us, please don't reply to this e-mail. Click here to contact our Customer Care team.

If you would prefer not to receive e-mails of this type from DIRECTV, please click here to send us an e-mail or write to DIRECTV Opt Out, 2221 Rosecrans Ave., Suite 110, El Segundo, CA 90245. You will receive one additional e-mail confirming that you have been removed from this mailing list.

1 To access DIRECTV HD programming, a triple-LNB Multi-Satellite dish, along with a DIRECTV HD Receiver and HD television equipment, are required. In some markets, a five-LNB dish and H20 model DIRECTV Receiver are needed to receive HD local networks delivered by DIRECTV.

2 For full Game Mix functionality, a D10 interactive receiver is required.

Actual number of games varies by market due to blackout rules and other conditions. NFL SUNDAY TICKET automatically continues each year, provided DIRECTV carries this service, unless customer calls to cancel prior to the season. "NFL," the NFL Shield design, "NFL SUNDAY TICKET" and its respective logo are registered trademarks of the National Football League and its affiliates. Team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. ©2006 Getty Images. Programming, pricing, terms and conditions subject to change. For complete details, visit DIRECTV.com. ©2006 DIRECTV, Inc. DIRECTV and the Cyclone Design logo are registered trademarks of DIRECTV, Inc. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.

I thought some were thinking D* would have some games as MPEG-4 for the 2006 season, but apparently that is not going to happen until at least 2007, when the new birds go up. Maybe I was wrong, regardless, I am more peeved over the Superfan fee being waived. Since most of us last season were given a credit towards the 2006 Superfan fee, it should be waived to all that are on auto-renew, but that's to be seen.

I think this is just the standard CURRENT wording for receiving HD. I certainly would not take this as a guarantee that in SEPTEMBER they will not move the Superfan HD games to MPEG4.

I don't know what the current speculation is regarding how likely it would be to move them to MPEG4 for Superfan HD. Anybody have any thoughts on that?

I am on auto-renew and I got a letter last year saying i would get superfan for free!! I still signed up with that email though....i don't want them screwing me

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)