2021: Equipment needed for new install of four ViP622

Amiga

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
I am planning a new install with four old Bell 9242 PVRs (ViP622). Each DVR will be for only one room to allow PiP (Picture-in-Picture), but four rooms (and runs) in total. Would like to use a black Dish 1000.2 reflector for aesthetics, but don’t know if a Dish 500 with a DishPro Plus Quad LNBF would be a better bet for 82° and 91°. Whatever dish that is used will be pole mounted a distance from the house for line-of-sight with the coax run inside buried conduit. How would you do it and what would you use equipment-wise?

Quad LNB, vs DPP44 is the real question. Do you want to run 2 wires or 4 wires from Dish.
There's no Quad LNB. At least not one that gets High Def. and good luck finding one anymore, much less the 500 Dish/Bracket to install it. That's like telling someone they need a rotary dial phone to make a call.
He said he wants to use a 1000.2 Dish.

Amiga if you are on Eastern Arc, you need to cables from the DISH (ports 1 and 2 out) or if you're on Western Arc, you need 3 cables out to a 44 Switch. The power inserter that comes with the switch HAS to be on port 1 out between the Switch and whichever Receiver Port 1 is connected to.

Reactions: charlesrshell
There's no Quad LNB. At least not one that gets High Def. and good luck finding one anymore, much less the 500 Dish/Bracket to install it. That's like telling someone they need a rotary dial phone to make a call.
He said he wants to use a 1000.2 Dish.

Amiga if you are on Eastern Arc, you need to cables from the DISH (ports 1 and 2 out) or if you're on Western Arc, you need 3 cables out to a 44 Switch. The power inserter that comes with the switch HAS to be on port 1 out between the Switch and whichever Receiver Port 1 is connected to.

The OP has Bell Expressvu. The old Dish 500 stuff will work just fine considering there is only 2 satellites 91/82

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
I'm a bit rusty, but I've never seen a DPP Quad. If such an animal even exists, that would be your answer. Otherwise, a 44 switch is in your future.

True, I think it's DP, but I could be wrong. And they are rare creatures these days
I only get hits in Canada's domain, so I think that's where it was primarily used. Here's another link from CA that strongly suggests it did exist and was DPP:

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts