211 Problems

J

jhump

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 4, 2005
55
0
Is it me or is my 211 a piece of S**t. Everyday I have to reset my 211 for a picture with no sound. Last night while I as watching the Hall of Fame Game with my OTA I had sound with no picture. I called Dish and they said this was a bug with there 211's. Is anybody else having problems? Pay 6 bucks to lease the dam thing and it never works right.
 
E

esteps

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jun 13, 2006
25
0
Oh yes, this is a frequent occurrence with us 211 owners, though I would hope not every day!
esteps

jhump said:
Is it me or is my 211 a piece of S**t. Everyday I have to reset my 211 for a picture with no sound. Last night while I as watching the Hall of Fame Game with my OTA I had sound with no picture. I called Dish and they said this was a bug with there 211's. Is anybody else having problems? Pay 6 bucks to lease the dam thing and it never works right.
 
M

mzopinionated

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 3, 2006
66
0
esteps said:
Oh yes, this is a frequent occurrence with us 211 owners, though I would hope not every day!
esteps

keeps happening to mine too.
 
B

bjlp

New Member
Jun 1, 2005
1
0
I am having a HDMI output problem also . I have no picture at all. Dish just keeps jerking me around ,something about a fix coming soon .
 
M

mzopinionated

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 3, 2006
66
0
webbydude said:
As a tech I'm kind of curious. Do these issues occur with HDMI or is it with the composite cables?

hdmi, loose sound on ota locals about 3 times a week.
 
webbydude

webbydude

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 6, 2005
5,339
1
Akron, Ohio, United States
Reason for asking is that the few trouble-calls I've rolled on involve HDMI/software related. It seems like a bit of a step backwards, but I've generally found if I can talk a customer into using composite instead of HDMI, it does seem to *mostly* eliminate some of the software issues.
 
J

jhump

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 4, 2005
55
0
I just use the regular component cables. I was thinking about buying some HDMI cables but if that doesn't help any I suppose I have to wait for the fix. It happens about everyday anymore. Its very frustrating!
 
R

rcbridge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 22, 2003
583
0
Limerick Pa
I only use the component and S video connections, I haven't had a problem in awhile. (several months).
 
M

mabrandt

Member
May 9, 2006
12
0
I have had my 211 replaced once so far. The new unit was much better. Release 2.67 was great. I had no problems. When they put up 2.68 I again started having problems with audio synch, but only on one channel, TNTHD. Somtimes it is worse than others. The problem is not only on the TOS cable, but on the plain old rca jacks too. I have the sd outputs running into a dvd recorder. It is worse on the optical. I am not using the hmdi as I have another component hooked up to that input. Rebooting does not fix. I do not have this problem on any other channel. It actually looks like it is tnthd's fault. I do not see complaints elsewhere, so I assume it is the receiver. Before I report this to dish again, does anybody else have problems with just this station? TNTSD is fine.
 
A

animalhouse

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 10, 2006
261
0
Morgan County, West Virginia
webbydude said:
As a tech I'm kind of curious. Do these issues occur with HDMI or is it with the composite cables?


I'm using the HDMI cable and seem to have the audio/no picture issue only on the HD channels.

On occasions, I've noticed severe pixelation on an HD channel, I'll check the signal strength and find it to be in the mid 40's. I'll switch back to the station and will have the audio/no picture problem. If I don't switch immediately to an SD channel, I'll have to do a reboot to restore picture and sound.

BTW, most of (if not all of) my HD channels are on the 61.5 bird. Signal strength, generally is in the low to mid 70's. If it clouds over before a storm, it drops significantly. Part of the problem is partial blockage by foliage. :(
 
webbydude

webbydude

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 6, 2005
5,339
1
Akron, Ohio, United States
animalhouse said:
I'm using the HDMI cable and seem to have the audio/no picture issue only on the HD channels.

On occasions, I've noticed severe pixelation on an HD channel, I'll check the signal strength and find it to be in the mid 40's. I'll switch back to the station and will have the audio/no picture problem. If I don't switch immediately to an SD channel, I'll have to do a reboot to restore picture and sound.

BTW, most of (if not all of) my HD channels are on the 61.5 bird. Signal strength, generally is in the low to mid 70's. If it clouds over before a storm, it drops significantly. Part of the problem is partial blockage by foliage. :(

Low to mid 70's?? Are you kidding me? :eek:

I would definately get the 61.5 repeaked and/or trim that foliage. You should be at least 20 points higher. ESPECIALLY if you're using a separate dish for just one bird.
 
Harold

Harold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 9, 2005
160
0
Southeast KY
I have had Video no audio a few times. All I have to do is leave the 211 on, turn the tv off, turn it back on. That seems to fix it.
 
D

desiguy2447

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 1, 2004
113
3
I had the same problems with my 211 till Dish came out and installed a DPP44 switch which fixed the problem. I had asked the Dish install guy about the black screen problem, and he said one really needs a DPP44 switch to fix the problem since it is powered. I haven't had any black screen problems since having the switch installed back in March 06 when my 61.5 dish got installed along side my super dish. Now with the software updates to the 211 the software updates may of fixed the problem?
 
rcdallas

rcdallas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 3, 2006
1,914
0
West Texas (midland)
jhump said:
Is it me or is my 211 a piece of S**t. Everyday I have to reset my 211 for a picture with no sound. Last night while I as watching the Hall of Fame Game with my OTA I had sound with no picture. I called Dish and they said this was a bug with there 211's. Is anybody else having problems? Pay 6 bucks to lease the dam thing and it never works right.

Yes my 211 is doing the same thing. POS. I use plain jane componet cables, sound via fiber. It all started about 1-2 weeks ago.
 
Last edited:
B

bigdaddyflo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 17, 2005
15
0
I have joined the list

My HDMI died this week and I got the standard "its a software problem we are working on." Advised me to use component cables, but one reason I upgraded was for the HDMI. If I was not in a contract, I would be calling Direct. :mad:
 
L

luigih

Member
Apr 18, 2006
6
0
Miami, FL
Problems with 211

What can I say, also having problems with this receiver. Tech at Dish advised me to use component cable instead of HTMI about 9 days ago because of freezing image and loss of reception. They said they had software problems and where working on a fix.
Today it started with loss of image using component cables. Called Dish Tech to address this new problem and again the problem is with the software.
If these problems continue, what will be the options? We pay a monthly rental fee for something that is not operating properly. Will the fix correct the problems?
This is not good service. :(
 
M

mzopinionated

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 3, 2006
66
0
luigih said:
What can I say, also having problems with this receiver. Tech at Dish advised me to use component cable instead of HTMI about 9 days ago because of freezing image and loss of reception. They said they had software problems and where working on a fix.
Today it started with loss of image using component cables. Called Dish Tech to address this new problem and again the problem is with the software.
If these problems continue, what will be the options? We pay a monthly rental fee for something that is not operating properly. Will the fix correct the problems?
This is not good service. :(

I have had the 211 since February and rebooting about 2 to 3 times a week. I like the way they charge us, our good hard earned money, for equipment that we lease, that does not work right and they are not legally responsible. I think they should have better tested their equipment before they brought it out. As soon as FIOS comes, I am gone.
 
L

luigih

Member
Apr 18, 2006
6
0
Miami, FL
I would love to know how many people are having this issue with the receiver. The amount of time we the consumer have to spend having to call cs every time we have problems with defective equipment. Every time they have to feed a new software because the last one does not fix the original problem. I'm seriously reconsidering my account options, Should I cancel Dishnet or keep dealing with its faults. Please express your thoughts. :confused:
 

Similar threads

C
Replies
2
Views
1K
cwbuckley
C
jself1982
Replies
7
Views
1K
jself1982
jself1982
H
Replies
3
Views
2K
bhelms
B
R
Replies
2
Views
946
Gentleman
Gentleman
S
Replies
5
Views
930
sam_gordon
S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top