211 Problems

It seems that the 211 is slowly but steadily turns to a piece of sh** the 811 was. I have to reboot my 211 basically every day, it cannot handle OTA really well. Constant picture freezes or no image at all.

add me in

I too have the HDMI problem with my 211 and got the software response from Dish. I was also told that they would not replace 211 as long as it was a software problem and they was working on it. My question to you is....if I could wiggle the HDMI cable(don't work at all now) and it would start working right, then how can that be a software problem?

billinmidmich said:
I too have the HDMI problem with my 211 and got the software response from Dish. I was also told that they would not replace 211 as long as it was a software problem and they was working on it. My question to you is....if I could wiggle the HDMI cable(don't work at all now) and it would start working right, then how can that be a software problem?
It's not. You've got the connector problem that they discussed in the Tech Forum Monday night. I've got the problem that's fixed by a reboot (temporarily).

mdonnelly said:
It's not. You've got the connector problem that they discussed in the Tech Forum Monday night. I've got the problem that's fixed by a reboot (temporarily).
Then how do I convice them of that. I have emailed and gave details of experiance of problem and my temporary fix and all they can say is that it is a software problem and they are working on it. I even went as far as saying that I sould get my HD costs discounted and the reply was that they would give me a $25.00 credit for my inconveniance while they work on the problem. I have been emailing with Eric.VanLaethem@echostar.com He was who I reached with that CEO email link.

I am about to throw my POS 211 through a window. I am really becoming annoyed at the audio sync issues. HOW F'ING HARD IS IT TO SYNC THE AUDIO AND VIDEO!?!?!?!?!?! Theres gotta be some poorly written code running on these boxes.

I too have the HDMI blackout bug that I was told is to be fixed by a software upgrade, soon? How soon? I don't believe it is a software issue but a hardware one. I plan to ask for replacemnt ViP211 this Monday. I will ask for another and another until Dish gets it right. It is easy for them to have all there defective receivers to go to what works as long as they can get away with it because its cheaper to do that then handle all the returns. Remember, the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

robotech4ncc said:
I too have the HDMI blackout bug that I was told is to be fixed by a software upgrade, soon? How soon? I don't believe it is a software issue but a hardware one. I plan to ask for replacemnt ViP211 this Monday. I will ask for another and another until Dish gets it right. It is easy for them to have all there defective receivers to go to what works as long as they can get away with it because its cheaper to do that then handle all the returns. Remember, the squeeky wheel gets the grease.
Please let me know what happens. I called again today and was still being told they would not send me one. Makes me mad becuase picture quality is suffering especially with the sd stuff. i told them I may have to go back to Directv and it did not seem to matter.

Well, what can I say... Still having problems with this receiver. It continues to freeze when viewing the HD channels. Called Dish tech support and yes we are still waiting for a software fix. They said will have a fix by Oct. 1.
This means at least 34 days more without a fix. Is this fair? We pay a rental fee for a defective product. Is this legal? Month after month has gone by with this situation.:confused:
Well the Dish tech person offered a cheap deal, not to pay the HD service fee for the Sept. month. :eureka I said lets make a deal, better yet if by Oct. 1 the software fix does not take care of the problem then Dish Network refunds me the months of HD service and also I cancel my service and go with Direct TV eventhough the don't have the HD programing they have. Do we have a deal or no deal? The tech guy said "Deal" What do you guys think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)