222k install question

Jonhern

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
Rhode Island
Having a VIP222k installed tomorrow, getting the OTA module in the mail. Is there any way to use diplexer for both agile modulator output to tv2 and the ota to the receiver on one wire? Right now the setup is sat and ota into a diplexer which goes to the room where the 222k will be, right now has a 211k. Where the DPP44 switch is located is also where the line for the Ota comes in and gets split, so there is a wire there now that leads to tv2 which right now only gets ota with a dtv box. Could I combine the ota and line to TV2 room at that point into the diplexer UHF/VHF input and the same at the other end to get both to work? Or if there are any other ways that would not require another cable run that would be helpful.

Thanks.

Using a cable for OTA and home distribution is not a problem.

Using the SAT cable for all three functions is not recommended.

If your having this installed tomorrow, then why don't you ask the professional installation technician these questions. If he's worth anything and is not being overworked and underpayed by and rsp, I'm sure he'll make that happen for you.

two reasons i am asking here, 1) to be informed and know what is going on. I have been told a few things by techs that I later found out to be false.
2) they are coming tomorrow morning but I do not have the ota module, it is being shipped. So I am hoping he can set up all the connections, but he will not be able to test it, I will have to do that part myself. And if he doesn't set it up I will have to do it myself.

Given enough time and money, you could have one of your eyes moved to the back of your head, but I'm not sure you would ultimately like the result.

Some installers are required to dismantle such a setup as it is a very likely source of ongoing signal trouble. Others will dismantle it simply because it is a bad idea.

Your mileage will likely vary.

Last edited:
If we get problems I will just disconnect the ota, not a problem, just wanted to know if it could work because it is worth a try to not have to do another cable run, not hard to change it around. We ran all the cables when the basement was unfinished, so not sure how hard it will be now. The two rooms are next to each other upstairs so that would be a better option, but we would have to get a pro, have no idea how to snake a wire, lol. Too bad the tvs aren't just back to back on the same wall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)