269/280 question

skewiff

Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Chelsea MI
I've had my 811 for two weeks now, on the 11th day I received the new update to 280. My question is what did the 280 upgrade do? I did not have the 269 ver. long enough to see anything wrong.

I changed from component to dvi after the first week, not sure if it was worth it.

The PQ since I got the 811 is not all that I hoped it would be , but when a good HD picture comes on it's awesome.

I have a Hitachi 57s500, Pioneer Elite VSX-47tx, Denon 2900, Energy Encore and Quad Speakers, Monster power conditioner HTS5100 and for the most part monster cables.

Any answers or suggestions would be welcomed.

Tony

The real HD pictures are awesome. The upconverted is not bad, but you cannot expect any recevier to convert SD analog pictures to HD and improve them. SD sucks and the sooner every programmer does away with SD, the better off we will be. After you experience HD, SD really sucks.

jerryez said:
The real HD pictures are awesome. SD sucks and the sooner every programmer does away with SD, the better off we will be. After you experience HD, SD really sucks.

Eloquently put! ;) With the exception of the weather channel and a few minutes of CNN and Fox News each day, I practically never watch SD content anymore.

I received marketing collateral from Dish/HBO - an oversized postcard - in the mail yesterday. The pitch was "Get five channels of Cinemax for only $3.01 more a month!" I subscribe to HBO and Showtime and never watch anything but the HD channels of those two services. Until Dish adds Cinemax HD, that $3.01 more per month would be like stuffing money down a rat hole! Dish leaves money on the table every month from me by not have Cinemax and Starz HD available.

I'm getting different signal strengths....

Ok to Combine RF outputs of 2 receivers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)