288 Coming soon

chastulsa

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
Called Dish to Complain about getting a waiver for CBS and they wont install the second dish so I can get CBS HD and asked about the next update. The Tech (not a CSR) told me 268 is scheduled for 6-30 and will include OPEN TV, S-VIDEO ONLY Dark fix, Digital Audio Issue's. I guess we will see!

I too have complained to the "local affiliate" (who’s tower is nearly 92 miles away) to their owner and to Dish, but because this affiliate "ALLOWS" retransmission of their SD signal, they are not required, nor will they sign off on the distant CBS services. This particular affiliate also has no DTV signal and all I really want is the opportunity to view the digital CBS feed. What other steps have you taken at this point? I am willing to try another approach to any higher up, anywhere. Any email address for someone at CBS? Like maybe Les Moonvess (sp?)

Regarding CBS-HD and second dish....

I got a free second dish by requesting the local spanish stations that are available off of the same sat that CBS-HD is broadcast from. They will install the extra local dish for nothing and with that you will be pointed to the appropriate sat, at least that worked for me. After that just ask them to turn on the feed if you are within the owner/operated viacom locals.

The converstion with Dish was funny... I asked for CBS-HD and the rep gently nudged me into asking for the other local channels. It was obvious that she couldn't suggest it for HD but that she was leading me there via the locals. That has been my only good experience with dish reps.

Maybe this will help you?
Oh.. I'm in the NY area.

Spankle said:
Regarding CBS-HD and second dish....
Maybe this will help you?
Oh.. I'm in the NY area.

So if I have a local out of the "wing bird, 61.5" which I do; just ask to get my free 2nd dish and I might be able to sneak in the CBS feed if there is a spot beam serving my area?

charper1 said:
So if I have a local out of the "wing bird, 61.5" which I do; just ask to get my free 2nd dish and I might be able to sneak in the CBS feed if there is a spot beam serving my area?

If you have locals on 61.5 or 148 dish will proivide a free second dish. When they come out to install it mention that you would also like to receive CBS-HD. Be aware that you must qualify by waiver or live in a so called white area to receive this channel. It has to be activated on your account. You will not receive it just by having a dish pointing at one of the side birds.

Neither 61.5 or 148 are spot beam satellites.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
Neither 61.5 or 148 are spot beam satellites.
NightRyder

I should have clarified: I have Local spot beam service but one "fringe local" a religion channel, was placed out on the 61.5 bird. If I call and say I now want that, they will provide a free dish and install it? THEN I need to call and try to work out the CBS deal because I am in an unserved area? Does unserved mean vai OTA or via sat? Both? Either?

Thanks.

charper1 said:
I should have clarified: I have Local spot beam service but one "fringe local" a religion channel, was placed out on the 61.5 bird. If I call and say I now want that, they will provide a free dish and install it?
Yes
THEN I need to call and try to work out the CBS deal because I am in an unserved area? Does unserved mean vai OTA or via sat? Both? Either?

Thanks.

IF Dish 's database shows that you are served by a local CBS station, you will need to apply for a waiver, unless that station is actually owned by CBS. Then, it is automatic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)