3 dual receivers with a proplem on 1

Rich1e

Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
:mad: ok, so info on my setup. DPP twin, 2 322, 1 625. DPP44 switch installed about 25 feet from Dish. 1 322 installed about 30 feet away from switch, works great. 1 322 installed about 50 feet away from switch, works great. the 625 is installed on 100 feet of cable away from switch and having problems with it. if I do a check switch it never sees the switch, that is of course unless I move the 625 to where the 322 is installed at 30 feet. do a check switch and all is well. move 625 back to the 100 feet location and can bring in some of the channels, no all, no locals. also, on a side note, I had the 625 working better when I had about 50 feet of excess cable installed on the line, it would take a while, but would tune the locals in after doing its aquiring signal thing. I thought if I'd move the switch closer to the dish and 625 all problems would have been fixed, but in turn got worse. all installed on brand new cable, I had even installed 2 runs of cable to the installation locations I had chosen and have tried both cables for the 625. one of the 322 is installed using 2 cables because I don't have an extra seperator. Is there specific ports I should use for the 322s or the 625? also, do the Satellite Signal Amplifiers that you can buy worth my time or money? one last thing for now, I went through the entire point dish screen and looked at every transponder for sats 110 and 119, seems I'm only seeing the evens for 119 and nothing else, please help me, I'm hungry for some feed back :hungry: (the evens on 119 are all over 100 too)
thank you,
Richard

I had a similar problem when I hooked up my 622. One of the cables was bad. I only figured it out by running a new piece of cable and then I tested the previous cable and found it was bad. Try new fittings on your 100' of cable and if that does not work, try running a new piece of cable.

As mentioned above replace the cable. The 625 can go on any port but remember that the power inserter for the switch must be on port 1. You could also try moving the 625 to different ports on the switch but my guess is the cable.

I had one where hooking the rx to the power inserter kept having problems, moved rxs to port 2,3,4 P I on port one with no rx and all was fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)