3 Hoppers 2 Joeys

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
Anyone have a diagram I can use to get this? Just bought a 3rd hopper and the other one wont connect properly to the switch. Thought this would be easier than it appears.

You will require a DPP44 switch and a cascaded DPP33 switch to get beyond 2 Hoppers.

Thanks guys. I've Made the call. More money spent but oh well need it done.

Sent With My Galaxy Note ll

How did it work for you? Can I do this with my current set up now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Works quite well :) . In your OP you mentioned a switch. What kind of switch is it?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Wow. Guy shows up. Looks confused then admits it. Now he has to go get a part so should be back in a few hours. This is why I wish I could it. Schedule an appointment that I'm paying for BTW and they show up unprepared. Thought this would be simple. Well for the experts anyway.

Not simple as they don't see systems like that very often. There's no tri-node to just swap in and connect everything.

Wow. Guy shows up. Looks confused then admits it. Now he has to go get a part so should be back in a few hours. This is why I wish I could it. Schedule an appointment that I'm paying for BTW and they show up unprepared. Thought this would be simple. Well for the experts anyway.

Well that sucks!

Of course you could have done it all yourself by following the directions above. My post #2 mentions a DPP44 and DPP33 switch, while TroubleShooterMike in post #4 also mentioned a solo node. (I thought that was obvious, but that's just me.) 3DHalo even offered his most excellent wiring diagram in post #6. It's all there. Just add money (for switches, node, and cable) and your own labor. Then you will know the job was done right the first time, and you can take pride in your installation.

Did already had it scheduled so I let them do it. I let them because I do not understand any if this. If I did I would have done it myself. Its working. 3 hoppers 2 joeys looks like 2 switches and two duo nodes.

Did already had it scheduled so I let them do it. I let them because I do not understand any if this. If I did I would have done it myself. Its working. 3 hoppers 2 joeys looks like 2 switches and two duo nodes.

Could've shown the diagram to the installer. Anyway it's possible for all Hoppers to see each other, by simply connecting a CLIENT port from one of the Duo Nodes to the other. Also, make sure all unused HOST/CLIENT ports on the nodes have 75-Ohm terminators.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts