3 LNB --> 2 coax?

zbroke

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2010
Fort Worth, Tx
I live in N. Texas and have the Everything pack with all the HD channels one can subscribe too with a 722 and a 622. I have a brand new VIP211 in a box. So the project is to add the 211.

The receiver shows I'm connected to 119,110 & 129. The dish has 3 LNBs with 3 rg6 coming out and 1 of them appears to loop back in towards the LNBs. The remaining 2 RG6 plug into a grounding block then go inside the house, one to each existing receivers.

So if a purchase a a DPP33 switch, will it be as easy as swaping the grounding block with the switch, i.e, 2 RG6 in, 3 out? Or will I have to mock with the LNB configuration?

Thanks,

The Rg6 that is looped back into the LNB arm is probably what they used to peak the dish and did not disconnet it for some reason. If all you have is 3 stb's then you do not need the switch. Just run a new RG6 from the connection where the looped RG6 is and to a new groubd block , to the stb

by "looped" what do you mean? we are assumin that if you pulled on the wire you would find it goes from the LNBf to nowhere. all you would have to do is disconnect that little stub of a wire from the LNBf and attach your cable that you have run from the new receiver.

There are 2 screws under the LNB, unscrew them and you can pull the LNB away from the arm, disconnect the looped one and attach the RG6 that you run to the new stb. Just don't bang the dish around and your signal will remain the same. You have a 1000.2 dish I would guess

the single LNB labeled 129 loops backinto the twin LNB bracket into LNB IN.

Your OP states you have 3 LNBs but your last post states a twin LNB with input exists. Sounds like you have a DPP twin and a DP single connected to the twin. The DPP twin cannot be used with a DPP33 switch. If this is your setup, here are a couple of options.
Replace the DPP twin with a DP twin and run all three to a DPP33.
Replace the DPP twin with 2 DP singles and run all three to a DPP33.
The DPP 33 is outdoor approved and doubles as a grounding block. I am using 2 of these.
Another option would be to replace all the LNBs with a 1000.2 LNB which will give you 3 lines.
Hope this helps.

Your OP states you have 3 LNBs but your last post states a twin LNB with input exists. Sounds like you have a DPP twin and a DP single connected to the twin.

Sorry if the first post was not descriptive enough. Since I'm not familiar with LNB's, all saw was 3 LNB's.

There is a big TWIN imprinted in the double with sats 110 and 119. The small one is sat 129 with a DishPlus logo. So I suppose it's a wing setup.

Thanks all for your help. I think I'm going to let the pros at Dish handle that one. I was hoping for an easy swap but it seems it was not ment to be!

Thanks again.

Another option would be to replace all the LNBs with a 1000.2 LNB which will give you 3 lines.
The 1000.2 lnb won't just fit on this dish. The arm for the 1000 dish is shorter than the 1000.2 dish. Not to mention the bracket is different as well. Best bet is to get a complete 1000.2 set-up.

Yeah, it's a Dish 1000, not 1000.2.

If you get a DPP33, you need to run the two output connections from the twin into two of the DPP33 input ports. Then, you need to disconnect the single LNB from the LNB in port on the twin and connect it (via a new cable, presumably) to the third input port on the DPP33.

Whether or not this is cheaper than a 1000.2 is another question. Probably is, especially since it saves you the lack of having to switch dishes and re-peak. If you were to get a 1000.2, you'd have to run a third line from the LNB to the third receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)