30 Days for new Install, is that normal?

Kaydigi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2004
I recently signed up for dish, and they told me that can't install until 1/27. Is that normal if you go through dish themselves?

My location is Richmond, VA.
Free Dish 1-301 / 1-510

I used to have dish in '99 in NYC but I had ordered that through a retailer and they came in 2 weeks.

It's not life and death but i'm just wondering if it's a normal time length.

I ordered Dec 9th, my 5th scheduled install is now for January 9th, and I would give 50:1 odds that will be cancelled also.. 30 days is optimistic given the current promotion.

I ordered Dec 9th, my 5th scheduled install is now for January 9th, and I would give 50:1 odds that will be cancelled also.. 30 days is optimistic given the current promotion.

Sounds about right , i guess. Thanks for the info.

I work for alot of local dealers. I install within days. However, it appears that Richmond, VA uses the SuperDish for locals. Since they are ins short supply, there may be where the delay lies.

I called DISH directly and signed up for locals and a 811 reciever back in early November. They told me they would come to my home and install on Dec 29th. So come Dec 29th I stayed home from work to meet the installer. It started getting late and I had not seen an installer yet. So I called DISH only to have them tell me the equipment is backordered until Feb 2k4 and that they could install on Feb 22nd. Thats a load of bull. They are promoting locals in my city everywhere and cant deliver the equipment. What kind of crap is that?!?! I am betting come Feb, there will be another delay.

Mike500 said:
I work for alot of local dealers. I install within days. However, it appears that Richmond, VA uses the SuperDish for locals. Since they are ins short supply, there may be where the delay lies.

Is there a link a faq for the SuperDish. The CSR I spoke to didn't mention it to me only the Dish 500. There was a little confusion when I talked to her because I asked for the 301 & 510, they put 2 301's etc.. I guess i'm going to give them a call when I come back from work.

I can pretty much GUARANTEE you won't have to wait that long if you CALL A LOCAL RETAILER! You should get better local customer service that way also. You WON'T get a better deal by going direct.

Mainstreet said:
I can pretty much GUARANTEE you won't have to wait that long if you CALL A LOCAL RETAILER! You should get better local customer service that way also. You WON'T get a better deal by going direct.

I already paid the $49 to dish so i'm pretty much stuck right??

Kaydigi said:
Mainstreet said:

I already paid the $49 to dish so i'm pretty much stuck right??

NOPE! You can get a refund.

Just keep in mind that the retailer you use will need to get your SSN & credit card info again. There will be another $1 hold on the cc, and there will be another inquiry on your credit report from DISH. It should be worth it, though. Be sure to let the retailer know that you originally were set up through DISH direct. They are going to get an error message saying that you are an existing or previous customer. They will have to click through it. They may have to call retail services to verify your eligibility, but as long as you have not had the equipment installed, there should be no problem.

Be sure to ask who will be installing your system. You will want an experienced installer (not always a given). All retailers have different standards. Do your homework! ;)

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Justin

Just keep in mind that the retailer you use will need to get your SSN & credit card info again. There will be another $1 hold on the cc, and there will be another inquiry on your credit report from DISH. It should be worth it, though. Be sure to let the retailer know that you originally were set up through DISH direct. They are going to get an error message saying that you are an existing or previous customer. They will have to click through it. They may have to call retail services to verify your eligibility, but as long as you have not had the equipment installed, there should be no problem.

Be sure to ask who will be installing your system. You will want an experienced installer (not always a given). All retailers have different standards. Do your homework!

Okay i'll do that tommorow. I hope my only choice isn't Sears, i'll look around.

Kaydigi said:

Be sure to ask who will be installing your system. You will want an experienced installer (not always a given). All retailers have different standards. Do your homework!

Okay i'll do that tommorow. I hope my only choice isn't Sears, i'll look around.

Oh, goodness. Sears is definitely not what I would call a "local" retailer. Give this company a try: jrstallings@ns.gemlink.com The contact name is JR Stallings. They are located in Richmond, VA. (DE&S/MDS) If that e-mail doesn't work, let me know.

Justin
mainstreet@checkyes.tv

Mainstreet said:
Oh, goodness. Sears is definitely not what I would call a "local" retailer. Give this company a try: jrstallings@ns.gemlink.com The contact name is JR Stallings. They are located in Richmond, VA. (DE&S/MDS) If that e-mail doesn't work, let me know.

Justin
mainstreet@checkyes.tv

Thanks a bunch, I have a list to go through later today.

I usually do the installs for my cutomers within days as well. Sometimes it is same day installation, other times it is less than a week's wait (depending on if I have the systems already in stock or not). My competition has a waiting list until March or so of next year.

Stargazer said:
My competition has a waiting list until March or so of next year.
Not to imply anything, but why would your competition be booked for the next 3 months, while you can do an install today? :shock:

Just kidding; nothing you've said suggests you're not every bit as desirable as the competition. It's just that the way you worded it came out funny.

x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts