30" dish for 129-anyone using one?

Jerry G

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2003
Anyone using a 30 or so inch dish for 129? If so, which one did you get (brand and model number) and where did you get it? Also, how did you get a DP LNB for it?

Thanks.

Jerry

Jerry G said:
Anyone using a 30 or so inch dish for 129? If so, which one did you get (brand and model number) and where did you get it? Also, how did you get a DP LNB for it?

Thanks.

Jerry

Check out http://www.daveswebshop.com/76dss_dish.shtml as a good solution since it handles the "D" shaped mount of Dish LNBs and hence is already set up for the right focal length (as opposed to the hacksaw technique). Buy a DP Dual and you're good to go. You can buy Duals off of Ebay, from internet satellite retailers or local retailers. Can't remember how much they are going for but I don't think much. This 30" solution is probably around $75 for Dish and LNB would be my guess.

Cheers,

Doug

Doug, thanks for the information. The Winegard DS2077 is the one I was also thinking about getting.

Check out Greg Mueller's posts, he made a Primestar 85E 30" into a 129 dish, has all the plans. I tried an oval 75E with a dual Dishpro lnb and it was no better then my Dish 500 with a Dishpro twin, I found out from a retailer that oval is not proper for 129.

big dish for 129

I am using a Dish 300 with a dp lnb, i get 91 on one tp. others in the 60's and 70's here in northern illinois. It is the dish below the superdish...

Attachments

• Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 281
Since I live on the east coast, and my dish angle is so low, I hooked up my Channel Master 1.2 meter dish. I took the housing off of a DP dual lnb and it fits perfectly in the lnb holder. I get great reception now:D My lowest transponder level on my 622 is 78 with the highest being 108. It's ashame I have to waste this dish on a circular satellite. I will be changing it out with a 36" winegard so I can put my "micro BUD" back to use.

dodge said:
I am using a Dish 300 with a dp lnb, i get 91 on one tp. others in the 60's and 70's here in northern illinois. It is the dish below the superdish...
Dodge,

How do you have the D300 attached to pole using the standard mounting backet? Are you using a couple of U-bolts?

Dish 300

Jon Black
I am using 2 ubolts similar to what is used in muffler shops to attach the dish 300 to the 2" mast which the Superdish is on.

Yes I have a bud, it is sitting in the yard but not installed yet!! I want to get it up and going!!

I recall a post from some time ago about using the old Voom dish to pick up 129. I'm not sure how big it is, but would that be an improvment over the dedicated d500 I am using now?

I have a neighbor that still has the voom dish on his house and I was thinking of offering to take it down and haul it away for him. Would this be worth my time and effort?

I am on the fringe and using a 6 footer ;0 heh I get quite decent signal. We are as im typing having a crazy lightning storm and i still have about 60-70% signal on most. some down in the 50's though. Normally i get full signal on a few and in the 90's-> 100's on the rest.

-Bounty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts