30 second weird happening on playback of different shows on different channels

navy8ball

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 28, 2003
Henryetta,OK. 74437
I have recorded many episodes of shows like Grimm, Barney Miller, and many others. I start watching one of the recordings and everything is fine when it comes to the first set of commercials I hit the 30 second skip ahead button, but instead of skipping ahead it goes back to the very beginning of the show. It doesn't do it in every episode of the same show or shows that had been recorded on the same channels. The only way to skip past the commercials is to hold the fast forward button down until the show starts again. I have a Hopper 3. It doesn't do it all the time just a different show that I had recorded months ago.

I understand the pain. I run into this problem with 6:30 national news recordings. (ABC) It starts with the first break. I hit 30 second skip several times. Usually 3 times. It advances too much. It goes straight to the next break! Then, I have to go back, which is a slower process. I have a better chance if I press FF (holding down the button as you do) and watch the screen and stop when the ads are over.
Perhaps, the stations use different break limits and that is causing hopper to mess up. The recordings from History channel have longer commercial breaks and Hopper does a better job of skipping them.

And going back to the beginning of the recording rather than skipping? I experienced that , too. Not often though. It could be a software bug.

Reactions: navy8ball