32 remote is a step backwards

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
I am frustrated by the 32 remote. It is a big setback compared to the 21 remote.

There does not appear to be a way at this time to teach it remote codes. I had the 21 remote all set up with my equipment to control it perfectly along with my 622.

The 32 remote has the side ir input plate, it looks like it should be programmable like the 21. But, it appears Dish has not enabled this feature.

So, now I am back to 2 remotes. One for the 922 and the old 21 remote for everything else.

I am frustrated by the 32 remote. It is a big setback compared to the 21 remote.

There does not appear to be a way at this time to teach it remote codes. I had the 21 remote all set up with my equipment to control it perfectly along with my 622.

The 32 remote has the side ir input plate, it looks like it should be programmable like the 21. But, it appears Dish has not enabled this feature.

So, now I am back to 2 remotes. One for the 922 and the old 21 remote for everything else.

Why not teach the 21 remote what the 32 remote can do and be back to 1 remote? You can make the 922 work with the 21 remote

The 32 remote is suppose to be able to learn codes. If it is not working then maybe you need a new remote or the feature is not enabled at the moment. I really wish Dish would have waited a couple months to release this receiver.

The 32 remote is suppose to be able to learn codes. If it is not working then maybe you need a new remote or the feature is not enabled at the moment. I really wish Dish would have waited a couple months to release this receiver.

I think it does learn codes, but the receiver sends the codes to the remote. It is pretty good technology that Dish can drop software down to the receiver to update the supported remote codes.

The only issue I have is that they did not include a way for one to program the buttons yourself like you could on the 21 remote. I for example have different receiver inputs on the color coded keys. My front projector has distinct on and off codes, but of course the projector is not even in Dish's list of TVs. Essentially going with the codes they have plus the ability to customize buttons as needed would be best.

Why do you need an IR immiter when the 922 comes with one. You just have to turn it on.

This remote is a real disappointment. My TV 2 is a generic brand that there are no codes for, so I am stuck using 2 remotes. With the 21.0, I was able to teach it power and volume.

There was actually a huge improvement for the 922 remotes. The originals had a laptop like mousepad in the center with no number pad on the remote. It would have lead to tons of user issues, for non power users. So there was a rush to develop a remote for the release of the 922. But I agree, it should have been delayed further.

If they would just let it do the learning of IR command it would be a fine remote. It has good range, the backup and on screen programming is nice if your devices are defined. They should have an option on screen for a device to pick learning. Then you could program in a device if you want, or use one of the preconfigurations.

I am currently stuck using a Dish 21 remote to controll everything except the 922 which I have to use the 32 remote. My receivers, projection TV, etc are all not available for the 32 remote.

I got my 922 Saturday 5/15 and was duly impressed when the installer was setting up the remote with my TV, A/V and Bluray. Then when I tried it I pressed the TV button and then Menu. The TV menu popped up and I said "that's neat" and then I tried to navigate the menu. No right, left, up or down. Oh well.

There was actually a huge improvement for the 922 remotes. The originals had a laptop like mousepad in the center with no number pad on the remote. It would have lead to tons of user issues, for non power users. So there was a rush to develop a remote for the release of the 922. But I agree, it should have been delayed further.

I for one like the 30 remote, and feel the the 32 remote is huge step back from it. The 32 remote has way to many buttons and you have to keep shifting it in your hand to do simple things did not have that problem with the 30 remote. Now if I could just find someone to sell me an 30 remote that has not been linked to replace to one i broke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts