322 connections

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shakobe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 25, 2009
California
my sister has 2 301 receivers she will be replacing them with a 322 duo receiver can someone tell me what cables she needs and different ways of setting it up. i'm thinking a coax thats connected to diplexer for tv1 and tv2 am i right or is there anything else she needs to do

The dish LNB needs to be a DPP twin to feed two duo receivers. If it currently says DP or nothing on the LNB, then it needs to be changed out, or if it has four outputs (quad), you could run two more coaxes instead. If you change to a DPP LNB, then the DPP seperators that come with the receivers will split the signal to each tuner.

Don't confuse TV2 with tuner 2, duo receivers have tuner 1 and 2 inputs, each needs a connection to a dish. They also have TV2 output which can feed additional TVs with a coax. A pair of diplexers can insert the TV2 signal into the dish coax and take it back out to utilize a single coax for both the dish signal and TV2 signal (backfeed). Better to run another coax if possible.

Last edited:
You can only use a separator with a DISH PRO PLUS LNB
Why is she changing to a 322? There is virtually no advantage as of 2/1/10 except to spend more money on the receiver.

I was looking at the dish website and its 14 a month for a 322 and 7 month for a solo my sister is paying 14 for 2 solos and will be paying 14 a month for 322 which is the same $ except that the 301's my sister has are old receivers and the ones she purchased 322 r brand new unless im missing somehting she will be the paying the same

the 1st receiver is free (included) so it would be cheaper to do the 322 versus the 2 301's

301 would be free
2nd 301 would be 7 bucks

322 would be charged the 5 buck 2nd tuner fee only

You can only use a separator with a DISH PRO PLUS LNB
Why is she changing to a 322? There is virtually no advantage as of 2/1/10 except to spend more money on the receiver.

its their only receiver so it is cheaper to do the 322 versus the 2 301/311's

If I'm not mistaken DISH is doing away with the TV2 connection fee ($5) as of 2/1/10. I believe that's what they said on the last Retailer Chat.

If I'm not mistaken DISH is doing away with the TV2 connection fee ($5) as of 2/1/10. I believe that's what they said on the last Retailer Chat.

yes they are (by the way...post 8 mentions that) ;)
...so according to my fuzzy math

311 is free
311 is 7 bucks additional

322 is free but has the 5 buck TV2 fee

The OP only will have one receiver now so there is no exorbitant additional fees

The dish LNB needs to be a DPP twin to feed two duo receivers. If it currently says DP or nothing on the LNB, then it needs to be changed out, or if it has four outputs (quad), you could run two more coaxes instead. If you change to a DPP LNB, then the DPP seperators that come with the receivers will split the signal to each tuner.

Don't confuse TV2 with tuner 2, duo receivers have tuner 1 and 2 inputs, each needs a connection to a dish. They also have TV2 output which can feed additional TVs with a coax. A pair of diplexers can insert the TV2 signal into the dish coax and take it back out to utilize a single coax for both the dish signal and TV2 signal (backfeed). Better to run another coax if possible.

EDIT: I misread your first post. If she's only going to use one 322, then you can just run both coaxes from the dish to the receiver. Or, as mentioned above, get a DPP twin LNB if the dish doesn't already have one so you can use the DPP separator.

so both the coax that she has for her 2 301's run them to the 322 and no sperator is needed right...sorry im new to this and barely learning

How many months of savings to offset the purchase price of the 322? Which is the better TV connection coax or A/V? 322 only offers coax connection to TV2.

Ok got tht part so what is connected to tv 2 since im putting the coax tht was on tv2 to receiver thts on tv1 what goes to tv2.

kIm trying to avoid calling a tech to do this and d same time want to learn this myself...i find this fasinating K so how do i run the coax that r connected to my sisters 301's to her new 322 do i disconnect the coax to tv 2 and run it to tv1 and put it in tv2 inmput to the 322 and the coax to the other 301 to tv1 input hope this makes sense if so is there anything else i need to do

call 1-800-333-3474 and save some money and frustration. You have a problem writing a sentence and little understanding of satellite connections.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)