322 Dish Reciever

GLORIA005

Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
Puchased New 322 Receiver. I'am Existing Dish Customer.
Unable To Add 322 To My Account. Is There Anyway To Solve This Problem. I'am Stuck With A Receiver I Cannot Use
Gloria

boba said:
Return it to the seller if you can!!!

Whats your reason behind that quote??? I've had mine for about 3 months and I have to say besides the trouble getting it activated and the extra cable for the second TV(which the DP44+ will take care of when it comes out) I have had no problems with it and I think its a nice box. :)

thiggin2 said:
Whats your reason behind that quote??? I've had mine for about 3 months and I have to say besides the trouble getting it activated and the extra cable for the second TV(which the DP44+ will take care of when it comes out) I have had no problems with it and I think its a nice box. :)
Just to keep the terms straight to avoid future confusion, the second satellite feed cable is for the second TUNER. And yes, the DPP44 with separator will avoid that need. The TV2 OUTPUT can be diplexed onto the satellite feed cable (although it hasn't yet been tried in the field with the DPP44/separator combination - should work).

SimpleSimon said:
The TV2 OUTPUT can be diplexed onto the satellite feed cable (although it hasn't yet been tried in the field with the DPP44/separator combination - should work).

Is there a diagram out there that can show the hook ups using just Duplexer's. I think I know but just want to make sure.

Diplexers explained

thiggin2 said:
Is there a diagram out there that can show the hook ups using just Duplexer's. I think I know but just want to make sure.
It's Diplexer, not duplexer - we have to be careful with the terms. No doubt that someone will come up with a device named duplexer that does something totally different.

I've hand-drawn the diagram a couple of times before - it's out there somewhere, but it's really quite simple.

Here's a general explanation that covers more than your situation:

A diplexer has 3 ports. They are always used in pairs. The 'single-side' ports ALWAYS connect to each other - directly - no switches, splitters, combiners, or separators allowed in-between. Ground block is OK, if that's the right location for the system to be grounded.

The other 2 ports are 'matched up'. Labels vary, but "SAT" and "TV" or "ANT" are typical. "SAT" goes to the dish or switch on one end, and the satellite input of the receiver on the other. Depending on your application, "TV" or "ANT" goes to the OTA antenna or second room TV on one end and "Antenna input" (NOT remote antenna) or "TV or RF output" on the back of the satellite receiver.

Final note, the diplexers must be rated as 0-900MHz on the TV port, and 950-2150MHz on the SAT port. The TV side can be lower (eg. 0-500MHz) if you're using only VHF channels (2-13). The SAT side can be 950-1500MHz if you're NOT DishPro.

Hope this helps people with diplexer questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts