322 receiver coax picture quality problem

bigclaw

Original poster
May 4, 2005
Hello, I have a 322 Dish receiver and suddenly started experiencing a strange picture quality problem. When connected through coaxial cables to the TV, there will be moving bands across the screen usually at 45-degree angles. They are not that noticeable in normal TV programming but is quite obvious against a black background. Switching to composite output eliminates the problem.

Interestingly, The initial satellite syncing screen does NOT contain any moving bands. They start to appear when downloading programming guides, and stay with all channels afterwards. This seems to me it's not a wiring or interference problem as the receiver is able to send a clear picture to the TV when syncing the satellites.

So far I have eliminated all electronic equipment that I can think of (VCR, Dolby receiver, DVD player, etc) as potential interferers. It's not the TV either. I also double-checked the tightness of all connections.

I'll swap cables next just to eliminate the last potential source, but for the above reasons I'm not holding my breath.

Is it true that I have to pay shipping both to and from even if I convince Dish Network to send a replacement receiver? :-(

(I'm leasing without DHPP.)

Any ideas? Thanks!

It's called OTA co-channel interference. You are close to over the air UHF channels. If you do not receive UHF OTA channels, switch the modulator output to an upper cable channel and change the receiption mode to cable tv instead of antenna. You can also try different channels for both cable or antenna.

Thanks a lot. I'll definitely try that. The 322 should have an option to change the output channel from the default Channel 3 to another channel, right?

Right now, TV1 is CH3 and TV2 is CH60, I believe.

You are correct, go into the menu installation, modulator setup, there is where you can change TV1 output channel.

Oops. Seems the only channel change possible for TV1 is from 3 to 4. I'm now afraid that's not enough to eliminate the interference.... Anyway, I'll try it when I get home this weekend.... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)