322 & UHF remote issues

patrobyn

Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
I just purchased a second UHF remote for my 322 receiver (for a second TV on TV2). It is a 4.0 remote for IR/UHF and the only difference between the remotes is the number on back is different. Any ideas on how to make it work?

Thanks
patrobyn

Here's a link (from Scott) for a remote guide.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=7758&d=1142022830
Make sure the Blue 2 UHF PRO key-tab is installed, and not another tab.

It sounds like you have the right remote, maybe you need to find the remote address that the receiver is using for TV2, and program the new remote for it. There are two ways to do this:
(1) Go to Menu, Menu and the System Info page will come up showing the addresses for TV1 and TV2.
(2) You should be able to hit some keys on the remote and then count the blinks (at least on the 6.3 remote).
Then program the new remote with the correct address. The instructions should be in the remote section of your owners manual.

The way I read your post is you purchased a 4.0 remote, but the one that came with it is different. What are the numbers on the back of each? Since one is a kit, they may have different part numbers, but if they are both 4.0, no problem.

EDIT:
You may already know this, but if your two TV2's are in 2 bedrooms, and you wish each bedroom could watch a different program, then you could use your new remote to control TV1 Output from one of the TV2 locations; by using the Green 1 UHF PRO key-tab and then setting your receiver to your IR/UHF PRO commands.:)

EDIT:
Under "HOW TO" you can find the instructions to find the current remote address, as well as how to program it.
http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/remotes/4.0.shtml

Last edited:
Thank You, I found the info for setting the address on my remote control and it worked great. Thanks!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts