3rd 622 in a few months!

MikeMoss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
Ada, MI
Hi

I'm waiting for the delivery of my 3rd 622 receiver in a couple of months.

The last one quit working almost as soon as I got it. The picture freezes and I have to reset it 6 or more time a day.

The previous one worked for a couple of months after switching over to my HD TV and chucking the old non HD one, then it quit recording and playing back.

I tried to get them to upgrade to a 722 but they wouldn't do it, said they had to send the same thing that I had.

If the one I get next quits I'm going to consider going with comcast, I already have the line into my house for my computer. I could save some money, I think.
Their pricing structure seems just as confusing as Dish's.

How can I get a 722?

I have been a dish subscriber for years and I'm shelling out about $90 a month.

It seems like the least they could do is send my some equipment that works.

Mike

Hi

I'm waiting for the delivery of my 3rd 622 receiver in a couple of months.

The last one quit working almost as soon as I got it. The picture freezes and I have to reset it 6 or more time a day.

The previous one worked for a couple of months after switching over to my HD TV and chucking the old non HD one, then it quit recording and playing back.

I tried to get them to upgrade to a 722 but they wouldn't do it, said they had to send the same thing that I had.

If the one I get next quits I'm going to consider going with comcast, I already have the line into my house for my computer. I could save some money, I think.
Their pricing structure seems just as confusing as Dish's.

How can I get a 722?

I have been a dish subscriber for years and I'm shelling out about $90 a month.

It seems like the least they could do is send my some equipment that works.

Mike

If/when the 3rd one goes bad you can write to the CEO e-mail address and explain you situation. I received several refurbished 722s when mine went bad until they finally agreed to install a new unit.

We all should start comparing serial numbers on our POS 622's we keep getting from the retard refurb group. I'll be we may find they are just sending out the same crap 622's without any repairs. The stories I'm hearing from many here all have similar symptoms of failure.

How about that Dish n it up plan.

After #6 VIP 622 in 3 months started giving me trouble just before Christmas I decided to try the bait and switch con trick these CSR's do. I was assured I was getting a 722K with OTA module. Gave my Credit card # and all. After 10 days I see they shipped another refurb 622. That means it will arrive when I'm at CES. And, I've been a $150 plus customer with AEP for 10 years. They couldn't care less!

I'm on number 5

1- HDMI quit workng
2- HDMI quit workng
3- Continuous Reboot
4- Replacement lasted 4 days and started Continuous Reboot
5- 12 months and works fine

The other vip 622 has zero problems from day 1

Hi

Thanks for the info, I'll check out the Dish n it up thing.
I don't know anything about that.

Mike

I'm on my fourth 622 ever since my original quit working after 3 years. These refurbs are garbage. If this one fails, I'm emailing the CEO address and demanding a new machine. I've jumped through all of their hoops and had their techs come out to prove to them there is nothing wrong with anything in my house. They fail to recognize that a refurb may pass testing on their bench but all the components are still used, aged, and sometimes abused by some previous owner. They will fail again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts