4 tv's 2 hopper 2 joeys

I just recently upgraded to the hopper from a 722 and a 211. I have 1 hopper and 3 joeys, there are definitely not enough tuners for our four tvs. Do you think dish will give us grief if we ask for a second hopper? And if they offer it is it anymore money to have the second hopper?

I just recently upgraded to the hopper from a 722 and a 211. I have 1 hopper and 3 joeys, there are definitely not enough tuners for our four tvs. Do you think dish will give us grief if we ask for a second hopper? And if they offer it is it anymore money to have the second hopper?
higher monthly fee for hopper at $12 per month and there might be an upfront cost. contact someone at DIRT and ask.

higher monthly fee for hopper at $12 per month and there might be an upfront cost. contact someone at DIRT and ask.

Got installed Tuesday, getting charged additional $5, will have to look at the breakdown online to see how everything looks. Works good i like that I can acces both hoppers.

Got installed Tuesday, getting charged additional $5, will have to look at the breakdown online to see how everything looks. Works good i like that I can acces both hoppers.
i believe the new fee structure is a $12 DVR fee that covers the first hopper and $12 for each additional hopper (per month). Joeys are $7 per month.

Contact someone at DIRT to verify you're being billed correctly. They're very good about that.

You are lucky that they came. My appointment got pushed back by a week via email, after they had called to confirm for today. Very disappointed.

I would love to hear from a DIRT member about a new install. I am closing on a newly constructed home on July 10th and would like to start lining up a DISH install. I'd like to get 2 HWS and 2 Joeys. Can someone PM me? Thanks. I'm in Memphis, TN.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I believe Dish pushes ONE Hopper installs because it is a cheaper cost to acquire the customer, a cost Wall Street is fixated upon. Even with the nominal upgrade to a 2nd Hopper at time of requesting the install still results in a higher cost to acquire or a bigger loss for Dish. They had this same attitude with the DishPro's and ViP's. The problem is that I've known a number of people who were led to believe the one box set-up was sufficient when it was NOT. The customers have a diminished experience with Dish and look to LEAVE Dish the end of commitment because they didn't know they could get a 2nd box at a nominal upgrade when they became a new customer. I've talked with these customers and they are counting the days when they can leave Dish at the end of the contract. Then they go on to tell others NOT to get Dish because they never had enough tuners for their household and what a horrible experience it was in their home with conflicts. That creates more churn.

Dish should really re-evaluate its current attitude. While Wall Street may not like it, if people were better counseled by CSR's that a 2nd Hopper would the better solution for their household, those new customers would have positive experience and would be far more likely to stay with Dish and say good things about the Dish experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)