508 internals - looking for the temperature sensor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AppliedAggression

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Connecticut
The fan on the 508 is mostly there to cool down the 2 chips. At least one of them is the decoder chip. Does anyone know what temperature the fan should be coming on at, where is the temp sensor located? I can get someone pictures of the motherboard if that'd help. thanks.

I am going to take a guess that they cannot put a temperature indicator on the 5XX series receivers like they did on the 721 in the system information screen.

It's a small chip (U37 LM75) what control power condition and temperature too and located at front edge of PCB close to right side of face panel just behind of power LED .

Great, thank you Smith, do you know at what temperature the sensor is suppose to trigger the fan at? I want to test my receiver and see if the sensor is really not turning on the fan. Do you know at what temperature it should turn the fan on?

Should the power connector that gives power to the hard drive still have power when the receiver is "off".

Also what's PCB? Should i just look for those chip names behind the power led?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)