Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
L165GAGDN-N

I am still having Caller ID issues.

Displayed caller ID on TV is from a previous call. My phone shows the right information, but the 522 may show CID info from 2 or 3 calls ago being the current callers info.

Anyone else notice this?

I am ready to turn it off, but it does come in handy for not having to run to the phone when it rings. *sigh*

Yes Mark my showroom unit is still doing it, I still have to reboot every couple days my latest problem is it has the screen saver in the morning but it is lacking information in the guide. It acts like it is shutting down but not doing it's download. I am almost ready to replace it with a 510 but it is a great sales tool for DirecTiVo. DirecTiVo works!!!!

Hi Mark,

My 522 never has the problem with the old/incorrect caller ID that you are having, but my 322 does the exact same thing as your 522. Mary calls at 2 PM, Joe calls at 5 PM, when Joe calls it shows Mary's name and number. Rebooting the unit manually, "fixes" it and it starts displaying correct info again. This is the second 322 I've had that's done this. The first one went back for a number of other reasons and the used one they sent me is doing the same thing so it's going back too.

I don't know if this info helps you or not, but at least you now know that it's a problem that spans different Dish receivers. I don't know if it's software or hardware, but you are definitely not alone and this is a problem Dish is definitely aware of. If they ever get it fixed, well, that's a different story.

I think it is software.

Thanks for the 411!

I reset it and it is working fine... For now... Just has fits now and then.

Mine never works right, most of the time it shows no info when the phones caller ID works fine. Cruddy, plain and simple!

boba said:
...I still have to reboot every couple days my latest problem is it has the screen saver in the morning but it is lacking information in the guide. It acts like it is shutting down but not doing it's download.
Turn the receiver, both "tuners" or "TVs", OFF each night.

I don't know how an embedded system like this, with the same software, can behave so differently. Mine does NOT do this and I turn it off each night. It's not like Microsoft Windows where it's one piece of software used on millions of *different* hardware combinations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)