522 lease option & fees involved question?

NickDowns

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 9, 2005
Hi Everyone:

I I need some advice as to whether this is a good deal or not and some clarification. Currently I own an old 300 series receiver and a 501. I'm was looking to upgrade to a 625. I've been offered to lease the 522 for 100 bucks with the agreement for a 1 year commitment to top 60 and more (which is no problem). Now here in lies my question...also i must have a phone line hooked up (which i understand). But also it has a 4.98 video on demand fee & a 5.00 lease fee? What is this video on demand fee? And if I pay this do i get my locals free? Is this a good deal or should i buy a receiver on ebay? Would I need additional equipment if I did buy it off Ebay? Thanks so much for taking the time to read my email and reply.

Cheers,
Nick

Hi welcome to satellite guys!:) the 4.98 vod fee is to use the DVR features. pause record.. ect.ect.. the only way around that is to sub to americas everything pack and that fee will be waved... You locals should be provided with your package assuming there avabile in your area.. if they are avabile and you dont have them then they will be an extra 5 bucks... hope this helps...

So I have to pay a $5 lease fee and the Vod fee...which is an extra 10 bucks a month? So should I buy the 522 from an online merchant instead and save the 5 bucks a month? Or should i buy at 625? I currently have a 500 package...would I need a new dish or connections or lines brought in? Thanks again for your reply?

You have to pay those fee's no matter, if you buy it or lease it. I think you are still a bit confused though.

The 522 would replace both of your receivers. It would cost you no more a month than the two receivers you have now. If you keep one of your other receivers, then yes it will cost $5.00 more than what you pay now. If you keep both of the receiver then it will cost you $10.00 more a month.

You pay $4.98 for DVR functions no matter what(unless you subscribe to the everything pack). You would also pay $5.00 a month lease fee (if you lease it) or mirrior fee (if you own it) just like you would with any other receiver, unless that is the only receiver you have. Then it is the free box included in you package.

Okay so let me understand this. I currently have a 300 series receiver in my den and in our basement we have a 501. I would like to keep the 501 and put it in my den and be able to record up there too. But you are telling me I can run the lines to the den and living room and record? So i can watch on 2 different tvs and record another show? Also do i need new lines or connections for this setup? Thanks and sorry for what might be stupid questions!

Cheers,
Nick

Yes you could remove the old 300 receiver and replace it with a 522. Then your Living room could have the 522, and it would run in single mode to give you PIP and record one show and watch another. This would cost you $5.00 more than you pay now.

You could also run both the living room and the den off the 522. Both TV's can record, they would also watch seperate channels. But you could not record at the living room and watch another live program at the same time on a different channel, but you could watch something else in the den. This would cost the same as what you have now.

Yes you are going to need some new lines with this setup. Unless you also get a DPP Twin and a seperator. Then you could use the same lines you have now. That is if you still do the 522 in the living room and the 501 in the den. If you just do the 522 you are gonna have to change the wires around some.

I thought I read somewhere on here that if a phone line is hooked up to the receiver they waive the vod fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts