522 problems

ts7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
IL
Note: This was posted in the Tech Discussion forum on Friday but received no responses. I thought I would try in the general Dish forum - sorry for the duplication.

I just went to watch a pre-recorded show on my 522 DVR and found the entire list says Recovered (instead of any titles). As I scroll through the list, it appears each entry has the correct date/start time as well as episode # and original air date, but no title or description. In place of a description is the following message:

|0|This DVR event has experienced data corruption and has been recovered.

If I try to watch one of the events, I get a black screen, maybe the timer bar (showing a length of 12000+hours - I wish my DVR would hold 12000+hours!). If I try to do anything like fast forward, rewind, pause, etc. the unit does a hard reboot.

Regular TV seems to be working correctly.

My guess is the hard drive is trash (this is the 3rd or 4th unit I have had in 3 years). Of course it happens during season finales!

Anyone else experience anything like this? What is the best number/way to go about getting this replaced? I don't want to spend an hour on the phone with a tier 1 tech explaining to hold the silver button on the front of the unit, unplug the unit, etc. all this after sitting on hold for half an hour.

Thanks