522 program timer recording

jbiss

Original poster
Sep 16, 2004
Rigby, Idaho
I just go Dish network with a dvr522, I have only had it a couple of days now. Right now i go in and manually set the time and channel that I want to record. I was just wondering if there is an easier way to record programs that will happen at a latter time? Is there a way to goto guide then just hit record or something?

Thanks

You should be able to pull up the guide, highlight the show that you want to record, then press the "record" button located with all the DVR buttons. That should bring up a screen with DVR recording options.

cpa4u said:
You should be able to pull up the guide, highlight the show that you want to record, then press the "record" button located with all the DVR buttons. That should bring up a screen with DVR recording options.

It's better to highlight the program and hit "Select." This brings up a more detailed and easier-to-use screen where you can setup a variety of options.

I too just got Dish and started playing with my 522....Can you only set up a record event at specific times, or can you tell it to record a show, say "LAX" on NBC and it will record that show every week even if changes times or days without you knowing? Basically, is the DVR more VCR like, or more TIVO like?

Thanks,
Jason

That's NBR (name based recording) that has been announced as "coming soon" to Dish DVRs for quite a while now. I say we submit these announcements to MythBusters to find out fer sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts