522 (received from 721 swapout) $17 fee now implemented!

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Looks like Dish Network is now implementing that $17 Duo fee to those that had the 721 and got swapped to a 522. You have to fight beg and plead to get anything done about it. They were trying to tell me that it is not a DVR fee. I told them "yeah, how clever, you dont call it a DVR fee anymore so that way you can charge me this fee". I thought she had me even though I explained to her that even though they do not call it a DVR fee, it is still a fee that simplified the way they listed things individually and essentually I am still getting charged for it. Then I thought of something, they dont charge $17 on a non DVR and they only charge $10 on the 512 which was the equivalent to the 721 that I had. They then offered me credit on my bill for a year. Told the lady that in another year I guess I will have to call in and argue over the fees again.

This gets old after a while! Anybody else having this issue? After complaining that they traded me an owned receiver for a leased one she said that it was not leased that I own the 522. I have read on here where others have been told the same thing that had their 721 swapped for the 522 as well.

The 522 can't be the only receiver on your account right? If you have another dual tuner dvr on your account in addition to the 522 , you will be charged an ADDITIONAL RECEIVER FEE of $17.00 a month. If it is the ONLY receiver on your account , you should NOT be charged a $17.00 Additional receiver fee at all. You should be charged for a $6.00 dvr fee on your account if you have any dvrs on your account , unless you have some agreement with DISH that you will NOT be charged a DVR fee for the 522 -because of the swap out for the 721. IF I were you I would send an email to Ceo@echostar.com and ask them to contact you to talk to them about your problem. They should help you resolve it once and for all.

I do agree with you though that the $17.00 additional receiver fee is a rip off fee and it does include a dvr fee with it. Because going by their own retailer chat pics from last year they break the fee down to the following miscellaneous fees :

Additional receiver fee: $5.00 + Tv 2 receiver connection fee $5.00+ Dvr service fee $5.98= $17.00

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts