522 remote control question

lsh1885

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
Orlando, Florida
I just had my equipment installed today. The installer programmed the remote. but it will not change TV inputs (Emerson TV) to operate the DVD palyer. I tried the other listed codes with no success. Anyone have any suggestions?

wow, lots of codes for Emerson TV's. From chapter 5 of the manual:

526, 534, 535, 536,
537, 538, 539, 541,
573, 590, 627, 652,
654, 655, 657, 658,
659, 660, 661, 662,
665, 666, 667, 669,

Often, more than one code will work, so keep trying to find the one that does the most. With any luck, you'll find a code that works and enables the TV/Video button to cycle through your TV's inputs. If that fails, you may want to pick up a OneForAll model 6131 universal remote. OneForAll remotes control almost anything, can be customized/taught new command and are pretty cheap. the 6131 has DVR specific buttons, and can be had for well under $20. I might pick one up myself (can't get the Dish remote to switch inputs on my Samsung TV). Too bad, to... I really like the Dish remote, really good ergonomics, IMHO. But, the 6131 looks nice, too and should control more stuff, and can learn new functions, should something be missing.
Hope that helps!

Tried all the Emerson codes none really worked. However code 692 will cause the sleep timer to come on, continuing to use the power button moves it up 10 minutes, but that is all it does, it will not turn on or off or anything else. I tried the Funai codes also since they own Emerson. As far as the All in one universal remote I have several universal remotes, but since it would need to control TV2 it needs to be rf remote, all of those are infrared. Thanks!

Emerson is made by the same company that make Sylvania ( Funai Corp.). Before you give up, maybe you could try the codes for Sylvania TV's .

Thanks! Several of the Sylvania codes worked. I still can't get it to change inputs though. The only time I need to is to use the DVD player, so I guess I can live with it, I'll have to use the Emerson remote when I need to use the DVD player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts