522 - Unexpected hard drive test

johnarose

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2004
Anybody know why at about halftime of the sugar bowl last night my 522 when into a hard drive test? I could cancel, but it said it would do a soft reboot or something (reset?).

I've seen this happen around my 3am program guide upload time once, but never during prime time.

Anyway, for obvious reasons, a show I was dvr-ing on tv2 did not record all the way...bummer....

Is my hard drive failing? I do have a refurb unit.

-John

I've been getting lots of these 'error 599'. Dish repladed my hardware once, but the replacement is doing the same thing. I'm guessing a software problem of some sort.

If it keeps coming up as 599 then its a software issue that needs to be replaced, slated for one of the next software updates but that became a known reciever issue about a wk ago.

Now this is just too messed up! My 522 has been working pretty good since the NBR update, Up till 5 minuets ago. I just got through reading your post about unexpected hard drive diagnostics, and not more than 10 minuets after reading it...... Whamo!!!!! the 599 warning.
O-Well.

blockisle9 said:
Now this is just too messed up! My 522 has been working pretty good since the NBR update, Up till 5 minuets ago. I just got through reading your post about unexpected hard drive diagnostics, and not more than 10 minuets after reading it...... Whamo!!!!! the 599 warning.
O-Well.

It's pretty agrivating when this happens, especially when your recording something and the recording is suspended for several minutes. After the hard drive check, the system reboots itself. But the real fun comes when you call dish and report it. First of all, I wait on hold for 15 to 30 minutes, and by the time I get through, a new program has started and is being recorded. The CSR always instructs me to press and hold the power button, which of course will reboot the system again. I don't understand what this accomplishes, other than interupting yet another shows recording.

Steve Costa

This is why I'm leaving Dish. A few weeks ago with one of the software updates all my shows were deleted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts