522 usage with single satellite feed

peter_claver

Original poster
Sep 13, 2004
I have the usual dual coax lines that run from my dish into my home, from where I have a only a single pre-wired coax run (old wiring) to the place where my 522/TV1 is set-up. If I connect just one satellite feed, I get an error while pointing the dish, but it works fine none-the-less (I do not immediately need the TV2 setup). I have disabled nightly updates and force it manually via the program guide. Despite this, every few days, I get an 'error' and the system forces me to re-point etc, and then does the usual downloads etc., which is getting bothersome as I cannot tell or predict when it will conk off. :confused:

I have heard about stackers that merge dual feeds into single coax which need to be 'de-stacked' before it connects to the receiver. I am considering this as I do not want ugly cables running loose across the rooms. Has anyone used these or is there any way I can get around this problem ? Any advise is appreciated.

peter_claver said:
I have the usual dual coax lines that run from my dish into my home, from where I have a only a single pre-wired coax run (old wiring) to the place where my 522/TV1 is set-up. If I connect just one satellite feed, I get an error while pointing the dish, but it works fine none-the-less (I do not immediately need the TV2 setup). I have disabled nightly updates and force it manually via the program guide. Despite this, every few days, I get an 'error' and the system forces me to re-point etc, and then does the usual downloads etc., which is getting bothersome as I cannot tell or predict when it will conk off. :confused:

I have heard about stackers that merge dual feeds into single coax which need to be 'de-stacked' before it connects to the receiver. I am considering this as I do not want ugly cables running loose across the rooms. Has anyone used these or is there any way I can get around this problem ? Any advise is appreciated.
You are probably using Dish Pro this is already a stacked system. You can upgrade to DISH PRO PLUS technology and use a single cable with a DPP separator. Contact your installer for cost and availability. :D

get some wiring done

Your 522 should have been setup by an installer (since it is only available with a DHA signup). You should call your installer back and tell him to get that second line ran like he should!

You two guys are so funny. :)

Any bets this is an eBay'd 522?

Anyhow, the big green smiley is the color of your face when you find out how much it will cost to go DPP44 + DP Separator - and maybe even a LNBF upgrade to boot.

Anyway, you say the 522 works great - except when it doesn't. :p

You need the 2nd tuner feed. Period.

peter_claver said:
Obviously I need the 2nd tuner feed. How do I get it there with only one coax is the question.

With out the DPP it isnt gonna happen. youll need the dis pro plus switch and the seperator. You may even need a new LNB. you wont like all this cost either.

Best option is to Get a new Dish Pro Quad LNB (assuming you are only looking at 119 and 110) and run 2 lines from the dish to your 522 and 1 to the other reciever.

Short Answer It will cost alot of Green to get it with 1 feed

We are all assuming you are looking at 2 birds and using Dish Pro technology

I've been reading the threads on DPP44 and looks like the DPP44 + separator is the way to go.

Unless of course I do some re-cabling, drill some holes or go fishing !!?!?! :(

Up to you, plop down $200 or go fishing :D Assuming your have a dishpro dual or quad lnbf up there, otherwise there's another $80 or so.

Of course, with the dpp44 you end up with the ability to see 4 birds if you ever need to.

There is also a DishPro Plus Twin LNBF in the works that should be available any day now. It should be less expensive than the DPP44 switch and with a DPP seperator, it will also only require one line to go inside.

Bimmerbenz

UPN coming to Panama City??

Reaiming Dish...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts