6.2 remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Will it also work on the old 4000 receiver? the dishstore.net says it "should" work. I would like to know if it will?

Here's a link for a document listed in a thread on the Technical sub-forum.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=7758&d=1142022830
I believe the info in this document is pretty good, it does not depend on what a CSR tells you, and Scott had enough faith to post it.

You can look for your replacement remote by scrolling through the document. Also, I believe the 6.2 Kit and 6.3 Kit will replace any remote that Dish uses, since the these kits come with extra tabs that will change the function of the remotes.

There are 3 types of signals; IR, UHF, and UHF PRO.

The AUX Mode can be programmed to send "Dish IR and UHF" signals for older receivers, or "Dish IR" for new receivers.

The SAT Mode uses either "Dish IR", "Dish UHF PRO", or "Dish UHF", depending on what color TAB you put on the bottom of the remote. The document shows each remote and the tabs that come with it.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: If you buy a used/new one from E-Bay, make sure it comes with all of the tabs, or at least the tab you need.:)

Thanks SmithWhity but i already found that list and it just lists the 1.5 UHF remote for the 4000 but it does mention the 6.2 kit for the new receivers but not the older ones. Does this list need to be updated??

I doubt that they will update the list, because the listed replacement may still be available from somewhere, and this helps if you are servicing and need to replace/swap a item.

I see the 4000 and 4900 both uses UHF, the same as my 2000.

My 2000 remote was a 1.0, while the 4000 and 4900 uses a 1.5; but the 1.5 UHF replaces all 3, but has extra buttons that don't do anything.

The 6.2 UHF PRO and 6.3 UHF PRO remotes can control the 2000, 4000, and 4900 from SAT Mode when the Black Tab inscribed with UHF is installed.

If you have a 6.2 or 6.3 available, you can easily test it either by programming the AUX Mode button with 3 and the correct address; or with the SAT Mode button by pulling off the (Blue) Tab and then slide the white plastic switch to position 4.

EDIT: If you have a 6.3 UHF PRO Remote Kit, here's a list of the switch positions and Key Tabs used.

Position 1 = TV2 UHF PRO (Selected with Blue Tab, Black 2)
Position 2 = TV1 IR (Selected with Green Tab, Engraved 1)
Position 3 = TV1 UHF PRO (Selected with Green Tab, Black 1, Engraved UHF PRO)
Position 4 = UHF (Selected with Black Tab, Engraved UHF)

Thanks Claude.

On the dual tuners, the standard mode for TV-1 is IR, but TV-1 can be controlled by UHF PRO (with an optional remote and tab).

The table shows:
- 622 (TV 1 IR & TV2 UHF PRO)

Maybe it should show:
- 622 (TV 1 IR or UHF PRO & TV2 UHF PRO)

Just a thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)