61.5 for a western arc LNB?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FATGOAT

Original poster
Dec 19, 2017
Waite Park
I'm at a client's home where we installed a video distribution system using Control 4. We're having some clarity issues on the Hopper 3 and Joey 2.0. The home owner had a different company do the satellite install. I have a super buddy meter that I hooked up to the dish feed line to check the signal strength. There was locked signal for the 110 and 119 satellites and nothing with 129. One thing I also noticed was there was a locked signal on the 61.5? That confuses me. I was under the impression for a western arc lnb the required satellites were 110, 119 and 129 with the 129 handling most of the HD signals. Am I unaware of something?

I'm at a client's home where we installed a video distribution system using Control 4. We're having some clarity issues on the Hopper 3 and Joey 2.0. The home owner had a different company do the satellite install. I have a super buddy meter that I hooked up to the dish feed line to check the signal strength. There was locked signal for the 110 and 119 satellites and nothing with 129. One thing I also noticed was there was a locked signal on the 61.5? That confuses me. I was under the impression for a western arc lnb the required satellites were 110, 119 and 129 with the 129 handling most of the HD signals. Am I unaware of something?
You must have a dish aligned way off. 61.5 would be about 90 degrees off from 129 so you should be able to see the misaligned dish easily.

Reactions: TheKrell
Sometimes the 119 incorrectly reads as the 61.5 and vice versa. I assume you're ID'ing the Sat with your Meter, then scanning to get Id if it fails?

I also had that problem until I realized my Sat Buddy was several versions behind on software upgrades

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts