612 weird blip every day same time

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
In my bedroom I have a 612.
Every morning we watch a local station while we're getting ready for work.
Every morning at 6:12am (yup.... 6:12 as shown on screen from the receiver), the picture and sound cut out for about 4 seconds and comes back on. It doesn't pixelate like it's losing signal to fade. It just blinks off to a black screen and a few seconds later blinks right back on. I've looked through all of the settings to see if I've inadvertently left anything at all scheduled for that time and it does not appear that I have. It does its "phone home" for updates at 10:00am, and no recording timers are set.

Anyone else seeing this? I haven't yet checked to see if it does it on other channels, but it does NOT do it on my 622. Only on the 612 which leads me to the receiver rather than a programming transmission glitch.

A 612 blipping at 6:12 is kinda interesting though. Oh and only at 6:12 AM ... never at 6:12 PM.

Weird, huh?

I have the same issue on the local channels from Indianapolis. It's only local channels that it does this on. It happens every day at 6:12am. I have wondered if it might be some type of power switch from the satellite for the locals?

A friend of mine asked be about this exact same issue. They were recording the 6am news on a local channel and every day the recording would end at 6:12am on the dot.

This was on a 622 -- which they had replaced (thinking it is a hardware issue) but ran into the same issue with new hardware.

I tried it on my system as well (a 722) and ran into the exact issue on the local (Lexington, KY) station.

My friend has several calls into tech support, I also wrote up a email to dishquality @ echostar.com with the details as well. I got a request back if it was ok for tech support to contact me directly. I said yes, but have not been contacted.

A friend of mine asked be about this exact same issue. They were recording the 6am news on a local channel and every day the recording would end at 6:12am on the dot.
I had this situation on random days on my 622, except that it was exactly at midnight.
I stopped recording that late night show, so I do not know whether the problem would still be occurring.

There have been several people reporting this same issue.

Please report this to Tech Support if you have not. Have them file a Technical Problem Report. Even if they think you're crazy.

So I received a message back from Dish Technical Support. Here is what they had to say:

Thank you for the reply, and sorry about the delay. I escalated this one and asked if they could use more field data on this issue, but the engineering team said no, they’ve found the bug. (They pulled another customer’s receiver with this issue back to the lab for analysis, with the problem recordings and timers still on it. Apparently that was enough to nail the problem down.)

That’s the good news. The bad new is that they’re saying that a fix will not be in the next software version released to production, but in the release after that. It is going to be a while before this goes away. In the meantime, do you have a usable workaround so this stops interfering with your viewing? If not, have you tried setting a manual timer on the channel and timeslot, to see if that will execute without glitching? Or a timer on the OTA channel, if you can get it, instead of the satellite feed of the channel? I can’t get the receivers on the rack here to replicate the issue, so I can’t tell what might work.

So it seems like a fix *is* coming, but might be a bit.

Yeah, I've had the same issue, gets irritating scheduling a new recording at 6:12am again, to pick up the rest of the AM news. Good to hear that it will eventually get fixed, however hopefully it gets done a bit sooner!

I have reported for many months having my recordings stop at 4:12 AM MST/MDT. I believe I have stopped this by disabling 61.5W and using 129W only. (The Sat selection is not knowable with both 61.5 and 129 enabled and differs by recorder and day to day but not by signal strength.) It would stop on both 722s I have at 4:11 to 4:13 AM and it did in both MST and in summer at the same MDT. I dislike losing a few PS channels but it is more important to be able to record without having to avoid a dead zone. Note this means it is more likely to happen on HD channels.

I am curious to see each report their time zone with the time and satellite used. (To check the satellite use menu-6-1-1 while not recording and before the problem. It will start on the satellite and transponder being viewed.)

Dish FIX 61.5W.

-Ken

The problem happens in both cases... OTA channels and channels that appear on 2 sats and was happening on multiple receiver models. A retune was happening during an NIT roll.

The fix is being beta tested and should be out to the public once it has been determined to be release worthy.

Dish Technical Support was correct. This issue was not corrected in L625. We will see what happens in the next release.

When I call Tech Support they still act as though I am the only one in the world with this problem.

It looks like this issue has been addressed in L627 for the VIP622/722.

So L627 did go out last night. I'll be checking my receivers to see if they got it. Scott said that L627 also includes adds in the guide. Are you seeing adds? What about volume leveling software?

I got it noticed it Thursday. I have not seen any ads. I don't think volume leveling was included. Or at least I can't find it. From posts regarding the 922 it looked like there should be controls in the Dolby Digital setup menu item and there is nothing there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)