622 and harmony remotes question....

WileyKyle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
Lancaster PA
I plan on getting a 622 and connecting it to 2 HD Tvs (1- HDMI, 1- Component) I have 2 harmony remotes- one for each tv. I realize that the 2 tvs will show the same thing, it doesn't matter. I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on which IR extender to use. Any suggestions would be helpful.:clap

I plan on getting a 622 and connecting it to 2 HD Tvs (1- HDMI, 1- Component) I have 2 harmony remotes- one for each tv. I realize that the 2 tvs will show the same thing, it doesn't matter. I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on which IR extender to use. Any suggestions would be helpful.:clap

WileyKyle,

First off the 622 does NOT support HD on both the TV#1 output and the TV#2 output. There are no Component outputs for TV#2. If you connect HDMI and Component cables to both HDTV's then you will be watching the same content on both Televisions, as the 622 can only output ONE HD feed at a time even if the receiver is in Dual Mode feeding two TV's. The second feed is SD only.

Can't say which extender to use but, Logitech does have a more expensive Harmony remote that does do UHF but only for connecting to the IR emitter that comes with it that particular Harmony remote so you can use to control equipment without line of sight from the Harmony remote to the area with the Controlled equipment.

WileyKyle,

First off the 622 does NOT support HD on both the TV#1 output and the TV#2 output. There are no Component outputs for TV#2. If you connect HDMI and Component cables to both HDTV's then you will be watching the same content on both Televisions, as the 622 can only output ONE HD feed at a time even if the receiver is in Dual Mode feeding two TV's. The second feed is SD only.

John you quoted WileyKyle's post but did you bother reading it?

He is using HDMI & component outputs of tv 1 & knows both will output the same thing.

WileyKyle,

Can't say which extender to use but, Logitech does have a more expensive Harmony remote that does do UHF but only for connecting to the IR emitter that comes with it that particular Harmony remote so you can use to control equipment without line of sight from the Harmony remote to the area with the Controlled equipment.

I plan on getting a 622 and connecting it to 2 HD Tvs (1- HDMI, 1- Component) I have 2 harmony remotes- one for each tv. I realize that the 2 tvs will show the same thing, it doesn't matter. I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on which IR extender to use. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I already own 2 Harmony remotes and I don't need another one. I just would like to know if anyone has a suggestion on which IR extender to use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)