622 Audio Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pablitovt

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
I apologize if this isn't in the correct forum.

I've been having audio issues with two OTA channels on my 622. The two channels are the analog and digital channels of the same station. If I watch the channels for 1-2 minutes, the audio starts skipping and then goes out completely. If I change the channel and come back it "fixes" the problem, but then it starts again in 1-2 minutes. I consulted my local AVS OTA forum, and the station engineer for these two particular stations said it was the first he had heard of this problem. He also believed that it was an issue with my 622, since changing the channel and then coming back to the channel with the problem “fixes” the issue.

It’s not a problem with my av receiver, b/c this has been going on for at least 3 months and in that time I have changed av receivers. It’s also not necessarily a problem with the audio output I’m using from the 622, since I’ve had the issue with both the hdmi connection and the fiber optic connection.

Finally, for what it’s worth I’ve had a horrendous time with OTA in general. Problems that according to the local OTA station engineers shouldn’t be happening for my area (signal anomalies, changes, etc.). I live in an area that is about as flat as it gets, the OTA sources are 20 miles away and are within 5 degrees of each other.

Just wondering if you guys have any insight into this, or if my OTA on my 622 is fubar and I need to make a call to dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)