622 DVR - Recordings Starting Over During a Show

Experienced the 'Recording starts over' bug?

• Yes. I've seen it on my RSN.

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • Yes. I've seen it on A&E.

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Yes. I've seen it on another channel.

Votes: 23 26.7%
  • No. I've had the blocky FF / REV, but not the messed up recordings.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • No. Haven't had a problem.

Votes: 48 55.8%

• Total voters

DanB474

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 29, 2004
I just sent back my 622 because on certain channels it is having a major problem. The 622 will record, say, 40 minutes of an hour long show - then the show starts over with 20 minutes left in the recording. So when the recording reaches the end, I am only 20 minutes into my show. This happens somewhat frequently on A&E.

It is also a major problem on the FSN channels. I have FSN Bay Area, and have missed the endings to 3-5 games in the last few weeks because of this problem. During tonight's Sharks game, a couple minutes into the second period the recording started over. 30 minutes later, it started over again. An hour later, it started over again - and at the end of the (3:15 hours) recorded broadcast there were 10 minutes left in the first period :(. This occurs on the NHL Center Ice Channels for me as well.

Every time this glitch happens, I get the blocky pixelization and "jumping around" in time when I use the FF or REV functions (4x, 15x, 60x, and 300x). Is anyone else having this problem? Let's hear it.

Last edited:
Yes!!!!! It's not just me!!!! I'm definitely having this problem. Dish sent me a new 622 and the first hockey game i recorded...bingo...happened again. I sent them another email about it last night and today someone called me, but i wasn't home. i really would like to get this resolved. i'm actually going to go watch a game from tonight right now, we'll see if it happened again. i have now been making backup recordings to my dvd recorder since this has been happening so often.

has it done it to you if you NEVER press FF during playback? that seems to work for me, but is kind of pointless when i want to skip pre-game banter and commercials

**oh i just saw your reply to my previous post

Last edited:
I just sent back my 622 because on certain channels it is having a major problem. The 622 will record, say, 40 minutes of an hour long show - then the show starts over with 20 minutes left in the recording. So when the recording reaches the end, I am only 20 minutes into my show. This happens somewhat frequently on A&E.

It is also a major problem on the FSN channels. I have FSN Bay Area, and have missed the endings to 3-5 games in the last few weeks because of this problem. During tonight's Sharks game, a couple minutes into the second period the recording started over. 30 minutes later, it started over again. An hour later, it started over again - and at the end of the (3:15 hours) recorded broadcast there were 10 minutes left in the first period :(. This occurs on the NHL Center Ice Channels for me as well.

Every time this glitch happens, I get the blocky pixelization and "jumping around" in time when I use the FF or REV functions (4x, 15x, 60x, and 300x). Is anyone else having this problem? Let's hear it.

Any particular A&E program? I don't have the same RSN or NHL ICE, but can try some A&E programs to see if I also see this.

I recorded the USC vs Oregon football game this past saturday on FSN. Upon playback the following day, at halftime, heavy pixelation and signal breakup was followed by a return to the beginning of the game. This is the second time this has happenned and got me to wondering if it was my 622 hardware or a software glitch. It was infuriating because 4 hours were recorded according to the log but I could playback only the first 2 hours. What's up?

I've had this happen a couple times when recording games on Center Ice. It would start with heavy pixelation then restart from the beginning. The odd thing is that it also happened to me once when I had a 522. The only difference is that when it happened on the 522 if I skipped past the pixelation I was able to watch the rest of the game. the two times it has occurred on the 622 there was no way to see the end of the game.

I have only seen it once in about 3 months time. It was on a Sat feed of one of our HD locals.

Any particular A&E program? I don't have the same RSN or NHL ICE, but can try some A&E programs to see if I also see this.

The two A&E programs I record are 'The First 48' and 'Cold Case Files', and I see the problem on both shows.. I would say the problem has been getting worse lately - but it is maybe 20-30 % of my taped A&E shows recently which experience this problem. The problem has definitely been worse for me with FSN Bay Area.

Just for some more input - I've been recording 24 on A&E each weekday morning at 7:00 for maybe a month. I've never seen the problem under discussion.

I had this happen a few months ago when recording The Usual Suspects on SITV, but I assumed it was a glitch with the programming itself.

man it happened again tonight... i feel like i should get a refund for my CI package because i am unable to watch anything i want

I had this happen to me a few times. I know it happened during a NY Ranger hockey game. Im not sure when it happened the other times though.

I just assumed it was heat related every time I've had it happen my fan was off

has anybody seen this on an HD channel, from what i can see it only happens on SD channels ? And it's not specific to any one SD channel

I've yet to see it on an HD channel, though I record much more SD content than HD (since Dish won't turn on the RSN's).

Here we go again. Happened again last night. Missed the last 5 minutes of the second period to the end of the game on my RSN. Well, at least I got to see about half the game before the bug hit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)