622/HD metalllic pkg. upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rdaneel

Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
I know this has been asked before but maybe someone could tell me if I'm on the right track. I currently have a Dish 500, an 811 and 2 DP301's(all leased) with Top60 and the HD Package add-on. I want to upgrade to one of the HD metallic packages and get a 622 receiver. My question is: Can I buy the 622 receiver and a Dish 1000 from The Dish Store and set it all up myself without having to involve an installer?

Thanks,
R.Daneel

If you're think you're up to the task of installing a new dish then sure you can do that

:welcome to the site

rdaneel said:
I know this has been asked before but maybe someone could tell me if I'm on the right track. I currently have a Dish 500, an 811 and 2 DP301's(all leased) with Top60 and the HD Package add-on. I want to upgrade to one of the HD metallic packages and get a 622 receiver. My question is: Can I buy the 622 receiver and a Dish 1000 from The Dish Store and set it all up myself without having to involve an installer?

Thanks,
R.Daneel

I agree with BFG. However, I think that with the upgrade, Dish gives you a good deal having one of their installers come out and set it up for you. IMHO it saves a lot of headaches.

I thought that having the installers come out free as part of an upgrade only applies to leased deals (?) Can that still be arranged (free install) if rdaneel is buying the 622 and D1000 ?

However it would be a good idea to look into the latest upgrade packages - there may be no or less economic sense to purchasing the 622 with the current deals...

Thanks for the replies. I have looked at the current offers and $299 just for a lease upgrade is pretty steep when I can get a 622 straight up for $499 and not have to pay a $6 lease fee every month. Installing it myself doesn't scare me. I have done a quad LNB upgrade on my dish before without any problems so I feel pretty comfortable with the equipment. Is the Dish 1000 the only one I need or do I have to have 2 dishes? I don't care about locals since we get our HD locals off-air just fine. Also, does the 622 allow you to view downrezzed versions of off-air HD locals on the SD output? Thanks so much for the help!

R.Daneel

Hopefully you can still qualify for one of the programming discounts with a purchased unit.

The D1000 will receive all national programming in the "standard packages" on 110/119/129. The only reason to add another dish would be if you wanted some special programming, like internationals, or if your 129 signal is too low to be reliable. In that case quite a few folks in this forum have had better luck by optimizing a second dish for 129 or aiming it to 61.5. So make sure you hold onto your D500 just in case! Actually, you might just want to keep the D500 as-is on 110/119 and add another D300 or D500 for just that third sat. slot, whichever one you choose. You'll also have to consider the LNBs and switch. Claude at the DishStore can help you sort it all out.

Re: down-converted channels on TV2 - that certainly works for all the sat. HD channels. I can't remember if I ever checked it on the single OTA HD channel I can get but I believe that should work as well. If you're watching on a 4:3 TV you might want to tweak the zoom (* button) to choose the best fit for any given program...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)