622 install, I need help!!

halsan40

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Palm Bay, Fl
Dish came out today and refused to install the 622 and the new 61.5 dish. They said my Dish 500 wasn't grounded from the outside and because I refused to let them mount the new dish on the roof they would have to move the current dish to a new location and put the new dish where the old dish was. They said that I would have to call Dish and request a re install.
Does that sound right?
Also, the cable I now have is RG 6. Does that have to be replaced for the additional bandwidth requirements of HDTV? Is it the most current cable?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cokeswigga said:
Is your dish grouded at all?

The ground is connected to the main electrical panel ground.
It is grounded though the attic to a grounding rod on the other side of the house.
My understanding of the ground is to dissipate the charge in the surrounding air as any ground could not carry the energy of a lightning strike.

I'm guessing they meant that the Dish itself was'nt grounded. i.e. messanger wire attached to coax going to the dish from the ground block. My understanding for that is to cut down or eliminate static to the LNB. I think they just nitpicked you as the installers were probably running a bit late... heck it is Saturday and they probably have plans for the night. Just a little curious.. was the weather bad??

wobbie said:
I'm guessing they meant that the Dish itself was'nt grounded. i.e. messanger wire attached to coax going to the dish from the ground block. My understanding for that is to cut down or eliminate static to the LNB. I think they just nitpicked you as the installers were probably running a bit late... heck it is Saturday and they probably have plans for the night. Just a little curious.. was the weather bad??
No, it was as is a beautiful day. in the high 70S and low humidity. Beautiful sunny day. They did offer me that they could come back tomorrow and do it for $100. Dish wants $99.00 and a reschedule till April. I guess I will let them do it tomorrow. I don't mind paying the $100 if it done correctly.

No excuses...tech should have performed the upgrade and got a ground waiver signed. Systems don't have to be reinstalled for upgrades. If you did'nt want tech to mount to roof then a wall or pole mount should have been sought within the line of sight of the 61.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)