622 maybe some day

ripnbigc

Freeze Sucker!
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Wichita, Ks
Well, my install date came and went. got no 622 but dish has my $299.99.
Sent an e-mail to ceo@dishnetwork.com. I'll see if I get any response.

Hi maybe you can help,

On 2/1/06 I called and ordered an upgrade to a vip622. It took a long time to work out because the CSR I talked to didn't know anything about the lease upgrade. Eventually, after spending considerable amount of time on hold we got the appointment set up for 2/21/06 and the CSR charged my credit card for $299.99. I called a couple times to verify the install date and to see why my account on-line just showed a credit balance and no description of what the $299.99 charge was for. The CSR I talked to said it would be that way until the installation was completed. Doesn't sound right to me. What about the programming charges in between now and then?
I had seen on-line where customers were receiving their upgrade 622s via UPS. So I called once again and asked if the installer was going to bring the receiver or was it being shipped to me. The CSR told me that the installer would bring it. Imagine my surprise when the installer calls me on 2/20/06 and verifies that they'll be coming the next day to do the install. She then asks me if I have the 622. Which I don't have. I told her that Dishnetwork told me that the installer would bring it. She states that they never do. So she gets Dish on the phone with us and asks if there is a tracking number for my receiver. The CSR she gets says no it was never shipped and it's on back-order, and can't tell us when to expect to get it. All he can do is reschedule an appointment for 3/18/06. But, he can't say if it will even make it by that date. I know that people that ordered after 2/1/06 have already had 622s installed. Why was I not contacted about the delay, and given the wrong information from the CSRs I talked to. Both I and the installer were treated unfairly. I was at work during this phone call. I was very upset and decided to call Dishnetwork the next day and see what happened. So I called the next morning and tried another CSR. He pretty much verified what the other CSR had said. They're on back-order, can't say when you'll get one. He was also confused about whether the receiver would be shipped to me or the installer. Also said I was lucky to get one and that they would be doing substitutions of other receivers. What????
So now I'm really confused and upset. Dishnetwork has my $299.99 and maybe someday I'll get a 622. Would you like to be treated like this? Is there anything you can do to help?

Last edited:
Natalie from Dishnetwork called today and apologized for my inconvience and said my 622 would be shipped on 3/10 and that she would email me the tracking number on 3/11. Finally someone that knew something. Just have to wait a little while longer I guess.

To be or not to be?

Your comments have me concerned as well. I schedule my install during the first week of Feb for this Saturday 2/25. I asked the CSR specifically if the 622 would be shipped to me or would the installer bring it? She said the installer would definitely bring it! Ups did drop off an empty box about a week later for me to return my old 6000 for a credit. I told her that I didn't plan on returning my current receiver. I own it so I plan to sell on Ebay. I figure I can at least get more than the $25 they offered.

I was surprised to read that so many people got their 622s a week or so before install. I am afraid I might wind up in the same boat with you. I guess I will know by Saturday. Right now all I have is this empty box. :mad:

Well I got the dreaded call from the installer today. They say their work order shows the receiver should be at my house. E* must be giving them a heads up unless its just standard protocal for installer's to call a day before.

I have no 622 and I am hoping to get a call with a straight answer from a tech tomorrow. At least that is what the CSR told me today after being put on hold 4 times. Man this is frustrating. I asked the CSR when I ordered the 622 and she specifically stated the installer would bring the receiver. I was concerned about UPS leaving a 622 on the doorstep, as no one is available during the day to sign for a package. She said "oh no, the installer will definitely bring the reciever at the time of install."

I just hope I can get squared away now by the time April gets here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)