622 pauses and then skips to live

maxbyrd

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Alabama
I can pause a program for say 30 minutes and come back to watch and after a few minutes it skips to live. I can hit the back button and it will go back only a frame or two and jump back to live again. Is this a receiver problem or what? This has only been going on for the last few weeks and I have had this receiver for years. Do they wear out and if so will DISH replace it for free?

After 60 minutes, it must go live because that is the buffer limit for HD DVRs. I've also seen OTA recordings of "weak" signals that will not let you pause and continue but jump to live or to the beginning. Also if you skip back in pause (2 sec vs running 10 sec) on play it may jump back 2 to 5 min. My only sometimes cure for that is to skip forward a few frames (vs running 30 sec) before playing. Rewind or FF to play usually works, just not after pause.
-Ken

My understanding is if you pause Live TV for more than 60 minutes, it will do as KKlare stated and jump to Live TV. However, the buffer will still go back 60 minutes from Live TV. It will just simply keep erasing anything past that 60-minute mark, and add Live TV to the buffer. The (fairly obvious) workaround is to press record twice and then pause. However keep in mind that the buffer resets whenever you start recording. So, the other workaround, is to rewind to the beginning of the buffer, and then press record twice, then pause.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts