622 VS. 942 Quality

downriver

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Horse Creek, CA
I am considering the "upgrade" I would purchase a 622 and sell the 942.

Do ya'll think the hardware is of comparable quality?

Audio drops? I went through two 625's because of that, it's not an issue with the 942. I consider audio drops to be more than annoying.

Does the 622 handle 4:3 as well as the 942?

Can you "blackbar" a 4:3 HD signal? How about a 4:3 SD signal?

Thanks for any responses!!!

Last edited:
I have both, and i would have to say that the 942 is more solid than the 622. Had teh 622 nearly a year

I find the 622 dvr functions to have a few little "features", none of them are actually causing me heartache but if the 942 was a 9, the 622 would be a 7 for me. Other things, the HDMI is broken on the 622, not a big deal as i use component and all is good.

I have not experienced any audio drops.

The 622 has all the same abilities as the 942 for 4:3 so i would say yes it's as good.

Inside the NFL on HBO is 4:3 and you can watch it in 4x3 (normal) or use the stretch and zoom.

It should also be noted i only use the 942 on a 4:3 SD set, so i may not be fairly comparing.

Yep, I've had two of each. The 942 was more stable, but it was also more fully developed when I got it. That being said, I really haven't had any trouble with either of my 622's so I say go for it. Especially with the new deal. Don't bother buying. It is free now.

Thank you all for the responses. But is it really free? As a 10-year customer I think they would want some sort of time commitment plus a lease fee, right? I can purchase a 622 and sell the 942 and be out around $250 and bail anytime I want and the way things are going are going in my industry (Timber and Sawmilling) we might need to tighten the belt quickly!!! That would mean no more HD and back to basics. feast or famine!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)