622 with OTA

jmoss78

Original poster
Apr 19, 2006
I switched about 6 months ago from D* to E*. With D* i had their antenna they send with the their HD receiver and i was able to pick up locals via OTA. now i have the 622 and have been unable to pick up any channels via OTA. when the D* installer first brought out the antenna and receiver he said the receiver amplified the antenna strength. not sure if the 622 does this or not. any ideas on what the problem might be? by the way i'm about 50 miles south of atlanta, ga thats where most of the towers are

diat150 said:
I found that the 622 had a much better receiver than the directv hd dvr.

Ditto. When I switched to Dish (from a HD Tivo) I was able to get rid of my outdoor antenna and switch to a Zenith Silver Sensor indoor and I get everything 85%+.

Mike

I just ordered the silve sensor. I am familiar with antennaweb, but can you help me figure out how to actually use a compass? I haven't used one in 20+ years and I can't remember for the life of me how to use it in relation to antennaweb.

Or did you just go up to the antenna and turn it until you thought it was in a good place and check your reception?

thanks in advance.

Also - all my channels are in the 149-151 degree orientation from my home and about 30 miles away. That antenna should work okay right?

Last edited:
dendox said:
I just ordered the silve sensor. I am familiar with antennaweb, but can you help me figure out how to actually use a compass? I haven't used one in 20+ years and I can't remember for the life of me how to use it in relation to antennaweb.

Or did you just go up to the antenna and turn it until you thought it was in a good place and check your reception?

thanks in advance.

Also - all my channels are in the 149-151 degree orientation from my home and about 30 miles away. That antenna should work okay right?

Silver sensor might not be able to do 30 miles, its a fairly low/medium range antenna. I'm less than 8 miles (line of sight) from the towers so it works good here. 30 miles might need an external antenna.

Mike

dendox said:
Can you help me figure out how to actually use a compass? I haven't used one in 20+ years and I can't remember for the life of me how to use it in relation to antennaweb.

It is very easy. The needle will always point to magnetic north. Simply line up the needle with the "N" marking and then look at the setting that antennaweb.org gave you and point your antenna in that direction as indicated on your compass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts