This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

622's w/local OTA program guide Data wrong

james_k_p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Slidell, LA
Hey Guys,
I'm here in New Orleans and I'm having a problem. I have 2 622's, each on different antennas, and local channels are detected fine through my 622's.

The problem is that my CW affilliate pulls program guide from our ABC affilliate, and my NBC affilliate pulls program guide data from a local religious station.

So my main question is, where does the 622 get it's program guide info from for the OTA HD locals?

I do subscribe to my locals in SD through Dish, and their guide info is correct.

What do you experts think it could be?

James

Dish buys the guide data from Tribune Media Services, but you can't contact them yourself (at least they won't listen to you). You can try and contact Dish and make the issue very, very clear as to what's wrong .... good luck !

Just curious, go to Zap2It.com and put in your zip code and see what they say for those channels that are wrong.

I have that problem with my PBS OTA channels. I receive 4 different PBS channels in my area and each has the main channel and 3 sub-channels. The guide info seems to be reversed for some of the sub-channels, i.e. -2 contains -3 info and vice versa. The info for the main channel seems to be accurate though.

Yeah, I think it's a subchannel thing. My NBC which just came up from being down for 2 years after Katrina runs on the same channel as this religious network. I'm not sure how all that works, but I'm guessing that's why since those channels are somehow technically related that it's pulling the guide info from the religious station instead of the correct NBC guide info.

Is your CW affiliate located on a sub-channel? Mine is located as -2 on my NBC affiliates digital OTA channel.